Julie Andrews Was in Therapy When She Met Blake Edwards
Julie Andrews recalls the couple's early meetings, calling them "very Hollywood", in a new interview with the Los Angeles Times.
She explains, "I'd met him in passing at some reception many many years before I actually personally met him... (but) I was crossing Sunset Boulevard one day and I was at the middle meridian and waiting to cross. A beautiful car pulled up beside me, and I just looked over and then he drove on."
"A week later the same thing happened. The third time it happened, the gentleman in the car rolled down his window and said, 'Hi, we seem to be doing this. Are you going where I just came from?'"
"And we realised that we were both in therapy, and he'd just come from his analyst... and I was just going to one in that region. Then I got a call asking if he could come talk to me about a film, and that film was Darling Lili, which we eventually made together. It was a huge flop, but it didn't seem to affect our relationship in any way."
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?