Julie Andrews Was in Therapy When She Met Blake Edwards
Julie Andrews recalls the couple's early meetings, calling them "very Hollywood", in a new interview with the Los Angeles Times.
She explains, "I'd met him in passing at some reception many many years before I actually personally met him... (but) I was crossing Sunset Boulevard one day and I was at the middle meridian and waiting to cross. A beautiful car pulled up beside me, and I just looked over and then he drove on."
"A week later the same thing happened. The third time it happened, the gentleman in the car rolled down his window and said, 'Hi, we seem to be doing this. Are you going where I just came from?'"
"And we realised that we were both in therapy, and he'd just come from his analyst... and I was just going to one in that region. Then I got a call asking if he could come talk to me about a film, and that film was Darling Lili, which we eventually made together. It was a huge flop, but it didn't seem to affect our relationship in any way."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard