Julie Andrews Was in Therapy When She Met Blake Edwards
Julie Andrews recalls the couple's early meetings, calling them "very Hollywood", in a new interview with the Los Angeles Times.
She explains, "I'd met him in passing at some reception many many years before I actually personally met him... (but) I was crossing Sunset Boulevard one day and I was at the middle meridian and waiting to cross. A beautiful car pulled up beside me, and I just looked over and then he drove on."
"A week later the same thing happened. The third time it happened, the gentleman in the car rolled down his window and said, 'Hi, we seem to be doing this. Are you going where I just came from?'"
"And we realised that we were both in therapy, and he'd just come from his analyst... and I was just going to one in that region. Then I got a call asking if he could come talk to me about a film, and that film was Darling Lili, which we eventually made together. It was a huge flop, but it didn't seem to affect our relationship in any way."
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson