Charlie Sheen Helps Grieving Widow Toast Late Husband
Charlie Sheen took his My Violent Torpedo Of Truth/Death Is Not An Option tour to Canada on April 10 and he played his first show in the country at Toronto's Massey Hall.
In the audience was Wendy Newman, who lost her husband Paul to a heart attack two years ago and claims she recovered from the tragedy by watching episodes of Sheen's sitcom "Two and a Half Men".
She recently sent a message to Sheen asking whether she could bring her husband's ashes to the Massey Hall gig and urging the actor to raise a glass in honour of her husband of 19 years.
Sheen, who had read about her story in a local newspaper, agreed and he kept his promise by inviting Newman to join him on stage.
He then toasted her husband with a glass of non-alcoholic cider, while Newman, who was clutching an urn of ashes, said, "I think I can now send you off, Charlie Sheen is here now."
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel