Melanie Chisholm Tackling Triathlon for Charity
The former Spice Girls star is training for the running, swimming and cycling endurance race in London in July (11) - and she's appealing for sponsors to generate money for Sparks, a U.K. medical research organisation which helps sick kids.
In a post on her fundraising page, she writes, "On July 30th, I will be taking part in the Virgin Active London Triathlon to raise money for the children's charity Sparks. The course includes a 750m swim, a 20k bike ride and a 5k run.
"I really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations."
Melanie Chisholm already has one big name supporting her - the star's When You're Gone collaborator Bryan Adams has donated $320 (£200).
In a post on her Twitter.com page, the singer writes, "Hey Bry. Thank you so much for your generous donation."
More Spice Girls News
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces