Melanie Chisholm Tackling Triathlon for Charity
The former Spice Girls star is training for the running, swimming and cycling endurance race in London in July (11) - and she's appealing for sponsors to generate money for Sparks, a U.K. medical research organisation which helps sick kids.
In a post on her fundraising page, she writes, "On July 30th, I will be taking part in the Virgin Active London Triathlon to raise money for the children's charity Sparks. The course includes a 750m swim, a 20k bike ride and a 5k run.
"I really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations."
Melanie Chisholm already has one big name supporting her - the star's When You're Gone collaborator Bryan Adams has donated $320 (£200).
In a post on her Twitter.com page, the singer writes, "Hey Bry. Thank you so much for your generous donation."
More Spice Girls News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special