Rihanna Adds Record-Breaking 10th London O2 Arena Gig
R&B star Rihanna has become the first female artist to stage a record-breaking run of 10 concerts at a top London music venue. The "Umbrella" hitmaker's Loud world tour has come under scrutiny in recent weeks amid claims she was struggling to shift tickets for upcoming dates in the U.S.
Music mogul Irving Azoff, head of show promoter Live Nation, hit out at the reports and insisted tickets to Rihanna's trek were selling well, with early projections showing she would be playing to packed houses by the time her American dates kick off this summer.
The Bajan beauty has yet to comment publicly on the allegations, but she's let her selling power in the U.K. do the talking for her after adding her 10th show, on 20 December, at London's O2 Arena due to popular demand.
The tour extension makes Rihanna the queen of the venue with the longest run of dates since The O2's launch in 2007, and the singer is beyond excited. In a post on her Twitter.com page on Tuesday, April 12, she writes, "10th O2!!!!!! Ok that's it!! I'm packin my s**t!!! UK u are pretty MAJAH (sic)."
More Rihanna News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger