Rihanna Adds Record-Breaking 10th London O2 Arena Gig
R&B star Rihanna has become the first female artist to stage a record-breaking run of 10 concerts at a top London music venue. The "Umbrella" hitmaker's Loud world tour has come under scrutiny in recent weeks amid claims she was struggling to shift tickets for upcoming dates in the U.S.
Music mogul Irving Azoff, head of show promoter Live Nation, hit out at the reports and insisted tickets to Rihanna's trek were selling well, with early projections showing she would be playing to packed houses by the time her American dates kick off this summer.
The Bajan beauty has yet to comment publicly on the allegations, but she's let her selling power in the U.K. do the talking for her after adding her 10th show, on 20 December, at London's O2 Arena due to popular demand.
The tour extension makes Rihanna the queen of the venue with the longest run of dates since The O2's launch in 2007, and the singer is beyond excited. In a post on her Twitter.com page on Tuesday, April 12, she writes, "10th O2!!!!!! Ok that's it!! I'm packin my s**t!!! UK u are pretty MAJAH (sic)."
More Rihanna News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers