Rihanna Adds Record-Breaking 10th London O2 Arena Gig
R&B star Rihanna has become the first female artist to stage a record-breaking run of 10 concerts at a top London music venue. The "Umbrella" hitmaker's Loud world tour has come under scrutiny in recent weeks amid claims she was struggling to shift tickets for upcoming dates in the U.S.
Music mogul Irving Azoff, head of show promoter Live Nation, hit out at the reports and insisted tickets to Rihanna's trek were selling well, with early projections showing she would be playing to packed houses by the time her American dates kick off this summer.
The Bajan beauty has yet to comment publicly on the allegations, but she's let her selling power in the U.K. do the talking for her after adding her 10th show, on 20 December, at London's O2 Arena due to popular demand.
The tour extension makes Rihanna the queen of the venue with the longest run of dates since The O2's launch in 2007, and the singer is beyond excited. In a post on her Twitter.com page on Tuesday, April 12, she writes, "10th O2!!!!!! Ok that's it!! I'm packin my s**t!!! UK u are pretty MAJAH (sic)."
More Rihanna News
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak