Shirley MacLaine Won't Leave House Because of Late Owner's Request
Actress Shirley MacLaine will never give up her beloved New Mexico home, because she believes the former owner, dancer Vera Zorina, wanted her to live there. The "Terms of Endearment" actress had no intention of buying the remote home when she first visited it in 2004, but she had a firm feeling the place was supposed to be hers the minute she walked through the door.
She immediately sensed a dancer had died at the top of the stairs and wanted her to have the home, and MacLaine made an offer without seeing the rest of the building. The actress then set about trying to find out who the spirit was who wanted her to move in, and discovered it was German-born dancer Zorina, who died in 2003.
Appearing on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday, April 11, she said, "Vera Zorina was in Hollywood when I was there... I just felt she just wanted me to be in that house." And what a house it has been for spiritualist MacLaine, she writes her bestselling books from the balcony and watches UFO's fly over New Mexico at night.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance