Brittany Murphy's Death Certificate Changed for Father
Brittany Murphy's death certificate has been changed to include her father's name after he complained he was unable to visit his daughter's grave. The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia.
Murphy was estranged from her father, Angelo Bertolotti, at the time of her passing and her death certificate originally listed the actress' paternity as "unknown". The move left Bertolotti blocked from the Forest Lawn cemetery in Los Angeles, where Murphy is laid to rest, because he couldn't prove he is a family member.
Bertolotti, who divorced Murphy's mother when the actress was just two years old, is named as her father on her birth certificate and lodged an appeal for her death certificate to be altered. His name has now been added to the document after he showed proof of identification, the actress' birth certificate, and family photos to officials at the L.A. County Registrar, reports TMZ.com.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny