Brittany Murphy's Death Certificate Changed for Father
Brittany Murphy's death certificate has been changed to include her father's name after he complained he was unable to visit his daughter's grave. The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia.
Murphy was estranged from her father, Angelo Bertolotti, at the time of her passing and her death certificate originally listed the actress' paternity as "unknown". The move left Bertolotti blocked from the Forest Lawn cemetery in Los Angeles, where Murphy is laid to rest, because he couldn't prove he is a family member.
Bertolotti, who divorced Murphy's mother when the actress was just two years old, is named as her father on her birth certificate and lodged an appeal for her death certificate to be altered. His name has now been added to the document after he showed proof of identification, the actress' birth certificate, and family photos to officials at the L.A. County Registrar, reports TMZ.com.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences