Brittany Murphy's Death Certificate Changed for Father
Brittany Murphy's death certificate has been changed to include her father's name after he complained he was unable to visit his daughter's grave. The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia.
Murphy was estranged from her father, Angelo Bertolotti, at the time of her passing and her death certificate originally listed the actress' paternity as "unknown". The move left Bertolotti blocked from the Forest Lawn cemetery in Los Angeles, where Murphy is laid to rest, because he couldn't prove he is a family member.
Bertolotti, who divorced Murphy's mother when the actress was just two years old, is named as her father on her birth certificate and lodged an appeal for her death certificate to be altered. His name has now been added to the document after he showed proof of identification, the actress' birth certificate, and family photos to officials at the L.A. County Registrar, reports TMZ.com.
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation