Brittany Murphy's Death Certificate Changed for Father
Brittany Murphy's death certificate has been changed to include her father's name after he complained he was unable to visit his daughter's grave. The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia.
Murphy was estranged from her father, Angelo Bertolotti, at the time of her passing and her death certificate originally listed the actress' paternity as "unknown". The move left Bertolotti blocked from the Forest Lawn cemetery in Los Angeles, where Murphy is laid to rest, because he couldn't prove he is a family member.
Bertolotti, who divorced Murphy's mother when the actress was just two years old, is named as her father on her birth certificate and lodged an appeal for her death certificate to be altered. His name has now been added to the document after he showed proof of identification, the actress' birth certificate, and family photos to officials at the L.A. County Registrar, reports TMZ.com.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle