Brittany Murphy's Death Certificate Changed for Father
Brittany Murphy's death certificate has been changed to include her father's name after he complained he was unable to visit his daughter's grave. The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia.
Murphy was estranged from her father, Angelo Bertolotti, at the time of her passing and her death certificate originally listed the actress' paternity as "unknown". The move left Bertolotti blocked from the Forest Lawn cemetery in Los Angeles, where Murphy is laid to rest, because he couldn't prove he is a family member.
Bertolotti, who divorced Murphy's mother when the actress was just two years old, is named as her father on her birth certificate and lodged an appeal for her death certificate to be altered. His name has now been added to the document after he showed proof of identification, the actress' birth certificate, and family photos to officials at the L.A. County Registrar, reports TMZ.com.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri