Ice Runway Fixed, Prince Harry Returns Home From Arctic
British royal Prince Harry returned home to England on Friday, April 8 after finding himself stranded in the Arctic for a day longer than expected. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, went to the North Pole for a week-long charity expedition to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps to rehabilitate injured troops.
Harry was originally scheduled to fly home on Tuesday, April 5, but spent the extra time trekking with the fund-raising team after freezing conditions grounded all flights in and out of the region. He was finally able to leave the Arctic on Friday, a day after news of his dilemma emerged.
A representative for the charity organization tells E! News on Friday, "Prince Harry was stranded for a day due to a cracked ice runway at Barneo ice station, but is being flown home today."
More Prince Harry News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special