Ice Runway Fixed, Prince Harry Returns Home From Arctic
British royal Prince Harry returned home to England on Friday, April 8 after finding himself stranded in the Arctic for a day longer than expected. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, went to the North Pole for a week-long charity expedition to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps to rehabilitate injured troops.
Harry was originally scheduled to fly home on Tuesday, April 5, but spent the extra time trekking with the fund-raising team after freezing conditions grounded all flights in and out of the region. He was finally able to leave the Arctic on Friday, a day after news of his dilemma emerged.
A representative for the charity organization tells E! News on Friday, "Prince Harry was stranded for a day due to a cracked ice runway at Barneo ice station, but is being flown home today."
More Prince Harry News
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms