Ice Runway Fixed, Prince Harry Returns Home From Arctic
British royal Prince Harry returned home to England on Friday, April 8 after finding himself stranded in the Arctic for a day longer than expected. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, went to the North Pole for a week-long charity expedition to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps to rehabilitate injured troops.
Harry was originally scheduled to fly home on Tuesday, April 5, but spent the extra time trekking with the fund-raising team after freezing conditions grounded all flights in and out of the region. He was finally able to leave the Arctic on Friday, a day after news of his dilemma emerged.
A representative for the charity organization tells E! News on Friday, "Prince Harry was stranded for a day due to a cracked ice runway at Barneo ice station, but is being flown home today."
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!