Ice Runway Fixed, Prince Harry Returns Home From Arctic
British royal Prince Harry returned home to England on Friday, April 8 after finding himself stranded in the Arctic for a day longer than expected. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, went to the North Pole for a week-long charity expedition to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps to rehabilitate injured troops.
Harry was originally scheduled to fly home on Tuesday, April 5, but spent the extra time trekking with the fund-raising team after freezing conditions grounded all flights in and out of the region. He was finally able to leave the Arctic on Friday, a day after news of his dilemma emerged.
A representative for the charity organization tells E! News on Friday, "Prince Harry was stranded for a day due to a cracked ice runway at Barneo ice station, but is being flown home today."
More Prince Harry News
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak