Ice Runway Fixed, Prince Harry Returns Home From Arctic
British royal Prince Harry returned home to England on Friday, April 8 after finding himself stranded in the Arctic for a day longer than expected. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, went to the North Pole for a week-long charity expedition to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps to rehabilitate injured troops.
Harry was originally scheduled to fly home on Tuesday, April 5, but spent the extra time trekking with the fund-raising team after freezing conditions grounded all flights in and out of the region. He was finally able to leave the Arctic on Friday, a day after news of his dilemma emerged.
A representative for the charity organization tells E! News on Friday, "Prince Harry was stranded for a day due to a cracked ice runway at Barneo ice station, but is being flown home today."
More Prince Harry News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie