Cracked Ice Left Prince Harry Stranded in the Arctic
British royal Prince Harry has been left stranded in the Arctic after an area airport was closed due to runway damage. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, is currently on a charity expedition to the North Pole to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps rehabilitate injured troops.
However Harry, who was originally scheduled to head back home to England on Tuesday, April 5, got an unexpected surprise when he found out all flights had been grounded for an unspecified period of time because cracks in the ice made the runway unfit for flying. Harry's representative tells UsMagazine.com on Thursday, April 7, "He will now spend an extra day trekking with the team and return to Borneo (Ice Station) tonight to await the first available flight."
Harry better return home soon - he has a royal wedding to catch. Harry will serve as his brother Prince William's best man when he weds fiancee Kate Middleton in London on 29 April.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia