Cracked Ice Left Prince Harry Stranded in the Arctic
British royal Prince Harry has been left stranded in the Arctic after an area airport was closed due to runway damage. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, is currently on a charity expedition to the North Pole to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps rehabilitate injured troops.
However Harry, who was originally scheduled to head back home to England on Tuesday, April 5, got an unexpected surprise when he found out all flights had been grounded for an unspecified period of time because cracks in the ice made the runway unfit for flying. Harry's representative tells UsMagazine.com on Thursday, April 7, "He will now spend an extra day trekking with the team and return to Borneo (Ice Station) tonight to await the first available flight."
Harry better return home soon - he has a royal wedding to catch. Harry will serve as his brother Prince William's best man when he weds fiancee Kate Middleton in London on 29 April.
More Prince Harry News
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies