Cracked Ice Left Prince Harry Stranded in the Arctic
British royal Prince Harry has been left stranded in the Arctic after an area airport was closed due to runway damage. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, is currently on a charity expedition to the North Pole to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps rehabilitate injured troops.
However Harry, who was originally scheduled to head back home to England on Tuesday, April 5, got an unexpected surprise when he found out all flights had been grounded for an unspecified period of time because cracks in the ice made the runway unfit for flying. Harry's representative tells UsMagazine.com on Thursday, April 7, "He will now spend an extra day trekking with the team and return to Borneo (Ice Station) tonight to await the first available flight."
Harry better return home soon - he has a royal wedding to catch. Harry will serve as his brother Prince William's best man when he weds fiancee Kate Middleton in London on 29 April.
More Prince Harry News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage