Cracked Ice Left Prince Harry Stranded in the Arctic
British royal Prince Harry has been left stranded in the Arctic after an area airport was closed due to runway damage. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, is currently on a charity expedition to the North Pole to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps rehabilitate injured troops.
However Harry, who was originally scheduled to head back home to England on Tuesday, April 5, got an unexpected surprise when he found out all flights had been grounded for an unspecified period of time because cracks in the ice made the runway unfit for flying. Harry's representative tells UsMagazine.com on Thursday, April 7, "He will now spend an extra day trekking with the team and return to Borneo (Ice Station) tonight to await the first available flight."
Harry better return home soon - he has a royal wedding to catch. Harry will serve as his brother Prince William's best man when he weds fiancee Kate Middleton in London on 29 April.
More Prince Harry News
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill