Cracked Ice Left Prince Harry Stranded in the Arctic
British royal Prince Harry has been left stranded in the Arctic after an area airport was closed due to runway damage. The prince, who served in Afghanistan as a member of Britain's armed forces, is currently on a charity expedition to the North Pole to raise money for Walking With The Wounded, an organization which helps rehabilitate injured troops.
However Harry, who was originally scheduled to head back home to England on Tuesday, April 5, got an unexpected surprise when he found out all flights had been grounded for an unspecified period of time because cracks in the ice made the runway unfit for flying. Harry's representative tells UsMagazine.com on Thursday, April 7, "He will now spend an extra day trekking with the team and return to Borneo (Ice Station) tonight to await the first available flight."
Harry better return home soon - he has a royal wedding to catch. Harry will serve as his brother Prince William's best man when he weds fiancee Kate Middleton in London on 29 April.
More Prince Harry News
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off