U2 on Track to Break Highest Grossing Tour Ever Record
Irish rockers U2 are on track to dethrone The Rolling Stones and land the title for the highest grossing tour ever. The Rolling Stones are currently the kings of the live circuit - their "A Bigger Bang" trek brought in over $558 million between 2005 and 2007.
However, U2's 360 world tour is expected to eclipse that number on April 8-10, following their stop in Sao Paulo, Brazil, making it the most commercially successful in history. Bono and his bandmates will have made nearly $700 million by the time they wrap up their gigs in New Brunswick, Canada, on July 30, reports Billboard.com.
The Irish band, who hit the road to support their album "No Line on the Horizon", will also set a record for the most-attended concert tour of all time. The staging of their 360 world tour allows stadiums to increase capacity for seating by 15 to 20 percent.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies