Nicki Minaj Auctioning Off Autographed Camera to Benefit Japan
Rapper Nicki Minaj is auctioning off a special pink edition of her new Casio camera to raise money for the Japanese relief fund. The "Check It Out" hitmaker was unveiled as the new spokesperson for Casio's innovative Tryx model earlier this year and she helped to celebrate its launch in New York on Thursday, April 7.
Minaj revealed she had autographed a rare pink version of the camera to go under the hammer in an upcoming sale, with all proceeds going to the American Red Cross to benefit aid efforts in earthquake and tsunami-hit Japan.
She says, "Obviously it's something very dear to my heart, I love Japanese culture and we want to do everything we can to help."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna