Nicki Minaj Auctioning Off Autographed Camera to Benefit Japan
Rapper Nicki Minaj is auctioning off a special pink edition of her new Casio camera to raise money for the Japanese relief fund. The "Check It Out" hitmaker was unveiled as the new spokesperson for Casio's innovative Tryx model earlier this year and she helped to celebrate its launch in New York on Thursday, April 7.
Minaj revealed she had autographed a rare pink version of the camera to go under the hammer in an upcoming sale, with all proceeds going to the American Red Cross to benefit aid efforts in earthquake and tsunami-hit Japan.
She says, "Obviously it's something very dear to my heart, I love Japanese culture and we want to do everything we can to help."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'