Helen Mirren Leaves Hand and Foot Imprints on Hollywood
Helen Mirren left another mark on Hollywood on Monday, March 28 when she placed her hand and footprints in the cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theater. The Oscar-winning actress joined the other Tinseltown legends who have sank their hands and feet in wet cement outside the Tinseltown landmark and was toasted by fellow Brit Russell Brand, her co-star in upcoming remake "Arthur".
The honor almost cost Mirren a favorite bangle, it slipped off into the cement as she placed her hands in the pavement and posed for photographers. She decided to turn the calamity into a happy accident and made sure the unclasped jewelery was part of her imprint. The actress was joined by her husband, director Taylor Hackford, and her grandnephews Felix and Cameron Mirren.
Mirren won an Academy Award for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in the 2006 film "The Queen". She also landed several other Oscar nominations for her roles in other movies, including "Gosford Park" and "The Last Station".
More Helen Mirren News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture