Elizabeth Taylor's Death Blamed for Zsa Zsa Gabor's Hospitalization
A representative for Zsa Zsa Gabor has blamed the actress' latest health scare on the shock of losing her close friend Elizabeth Taylor, revealing the ailing star deteriorated after hearing news of her death. The 94 year old remains under observation at the UCLA Medical Center in California following her hospitalization on Wednesday, March 23.
A spokesperson for Gabor has now confirmed the Hollywood veteran became distraught when she was told her close friend had passed away and the scare prompted her husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt to call for medical assistance.
The rep tells OnTheRedCarpet.com, "She was inconsolable and her blood pressure shot up to dangerous levels. The doctor told (von Anhalt) to bring her into the hospital so they could medicate and watch her."
The rep has also confirmed reports that Gabor told von Anhalt that "celebrities go in threes, and I'm next" - referring to Taylor and Jane Russell, who died in February.
Gabor was hospitalized earlier this month after refusing a second leg amputation, just weeks after part of her right limb was removed to stop the spread of gangrene. The movie veteran has been repeatedly hospitalized since she broke her hip in a fall from bed last July 2010.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture