Elizabeth Taylor's Death Blamed for Zsa Zsa Gabor's Hospitalization
A representative for Zsa Zsa Gabor has blamed the actress' latest health scare on the shock of losing her close friend Elizabeth Taylor, revealing the ailing star deteriorated after hearing news of her death. The 94 year old remains under observation at the UCLA Medical Center in California following her hospitalization on Wednesday, March 23.
A spokesperson for Gabor has now confirmed the Hollywood veteran became distraught when she was told her close friend had passed away and the scare prompted her husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt to call for medical assistance.
The rep tells OnTheRedCarpet.com, "She was inconsolable and her blood pressure shot up to dangerous levels. The doctor told (von Anhalt) to bring her into the hospital so they could medicate and watch her."
The rep has also confirmed reports that Gabor told von Anhalt that "celebrities go in threes, and I'm next" - referring to Taylor and Jane Russell, who died in February.
Gabor was hospitalized earlier this month after refusing a second leg amputation, just weeks after part of her right limb was removed to stop the spread of gangrene. The movie veteran has been repeatedly hospitalized since she broke her hip in a fall from bed last July 2010.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed