Elizabeth Taylor's Death Blamed for Zsa Zsa Gabor's Hospitalization
A representative for Zsa Zsa Gabor has blamed the actress' latest health scare on the shock of losing her close friend Elizabeth Taylor, revealing the ailing star deteriorated after hearing news of her death. The 94 year old remains under observation at the UCLA Medical Center in California following her hospitalization on Wednesday, March 23.
A spokesperson for Gabor has now confirmed the Hollywood veteran became distraught when she was told her close friend had passed away and the scare prompted her husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt to call for medical assistance.
The rep tells OnTheRedCarpet.com, "She was inconsolable and her blood pressure shot up to dangerous levels. The doctor told (von Anhalt) to bring her into the hospital so they could medicate and watch her."
The rep has also confirmed reports that Gabor told von Anhalt that "celebrities go in threes, and I'm next" - referring to Taylor and Jane Russell, who died in February.
Gabor was hospitalized earlier this month after refusing a second leg amputation, just weeks after part of her right limb was removed to stop the spread of gangrene. The movie veteran has been repeatedly hospitalized since she broke her hip in a fall from bed last July 2010.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story