Jennifer Lawrence to Play Katniss Everdeen in 'The Hunger Games'
Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence has landed the most coveted role in Hollywood after signing on to star in the movie adaptation of Suzanne Collins' bestseller, "The Hunger Games".
The "Winter's Bone" star has been cast as Katniss Everdeen in the film, according to movie news website TheWrap.com. Lawrence reportedly beat fellow 2011 Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld to the role in the saga of battling teenagers.
The film will be directed by Gary Ross, and is slated to hit cinemas in a year, March 12. Confirming the news of Lawrence's casting, Ross says, "I'm so excited to work with Jen and see her bring this character to life. Katniss requires a young actress with strength, depth, complexity, tenderness, and power. There are very few people alive who can bring that to a role. Jen brings it in spades. She's going to be an amazing Katniss."
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'