Jennifer Lawrence to Play Katniss Everdeen in 'The Hunger Games'
Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence has landed the most coveted role in Hollywood after signing on to star in the movie adaptation of Suzanne Collins' bestseller, "The Hunger Games".
The "Winter's Bone" star has been cast as Katniss Everdeen in the film, according to movie news website TheWrap.com. Lawrence reportedly beat fellow 2011 Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld to the role in the saga of battling teenagers.
The film will be directed by Gary Ross, and is slated to hit cinemas in a year, March 12. Confirming the news of Lawrence's casting, Ross says, "I'm so excited to work with Jen and see her bring this character to life. Katniss requires a young actress with strength, depth, complexity, tenderness, and power. There are very few people alive who can bring that to a role. Jen brings it in spades. She's going to be an amazing Katniss."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'