Jennifer Lawrence to Play Katniss Everdeen in 'The Hunger Games'
Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence has landed the most coveted role in Hollywood after signing on to star in the movie adaptation of Suzanne Collins' bestseller, "The Hunger Games".
The "Winter's Bone" star has been cast as Katniss Everdeen in the film, according to movie news website TheWrap.com. Lawrence reportedly beat fellow 2011 Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld to the role in the saga of battling teenagers.
The film will be directed by Gary Ross, and is slated to hit cinemas in a year, March 12. Confirming the news of Lawrence's casting, Ross says, "I'm so excited to work with Jen and see her bring this character to life. Katniss requires a young actress with strength, depth, complexity, tenderness, and power. There are very few people alive who can bring that to a role. Jen brings it in spades. She's going to be an amazing Katniss."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars