Jennifer Lawrence to Play Katniss Everdeen in 'The Hunger Games'
Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence has landed the most coveted role in Hollywood after signing on to star in the movie adaptation of Suzanne Collins' bestseller, "The Hunger Games".
The "Winter's Bone" star has been cast as Katniss Everdeen in the film, according to movie news website TheWrap.com. Lawrence reportedly beat fellow 2011 Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld to the role in the saga of battling teenagers.
The film will be directed by Gary Ross, and is slated to hit cinemas in a year, March 12. Confirming the news of Lawrence's casting, Ross says, "I'm so excited to work with Jen and see her bring this character to life. Katniss requires a young actress with strength, depth, complexity, tenderness, and power. There are very few people alive who can bring that to a role. Jen brings it in spades. She's going to be an amazing Katniss."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance