Michael Douglas' Ex-Wife Blames Court Fight on Financiers
Michael Douglas' ex-wife Diandra has blamed her battle for more of his millions on disgraced financiers Bernie Madoff and Kenneth Starr, but she's vowed to continue her court fight. In November 2010, a judge in New York ruled Diandra's claims for a share of the profits from 2010's "Wall Street sequel should be heard in California, and dismissed the case.
Now she has spoken out to insist she's only pursuing her legal action because she's been left short of cash after falling victim to crooked investment advisers Madoff and Starr. She tells Harper's Bazaar, "Because of the type of human being I aspire to be, if Starr & Company hadn't happened and Madoff hadn't, and if a lot of other things hadn't happened, to tell you the honest truth, I really believe I would have walked away."
Douglas has vowed to continue her court fight for a 50 percent share of the profits from "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps", adding, "One cannot live one's life based on the court of public opinion."
But she dismissed critics who accused her of targeting Douglas while he was battling throat cancer last year 2010, "Michael didn't know he was ill, I didn't know he was ill, and the gods didn't know he was ill. I am not into going after sick people for things that don't belong to me... I am not a greedy person by nature."
Starr was jailed for seven years earlier in March for embezzling $30 million from clients including Uma Thurman, Martin Scorsese and Wesley Snipes, and Madoff was sentenced to 150 years in prison in 2009 after pleading guilty to siphoning billions from clients including Kevin Bacon and Zsa Zsa Gabor.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences