Michael Douglas' Ex-Wife Blames Court Fight on Financiers
Michael Douglas' ex-wife Diandra has blamed her battle for more of his millions on disgraced financiers Bernie Madoff and Kenneth Starr, but she's vowed to continue her court fight. In November 2010, a judge in New York ruled Diandra's claims for a share of the profits from 2010's "Wall Street sequel should be heard in California, and dismissed the case.
Now she has spoken out to insist she's only pursuing her legal action because she's been left short of cash after falling victim to crooked investment advisers Madoff and Starr. She tells Harper's Bazaar, "Because of the type of human being I aspire to be, if Starr & Company hadn't happened and Madoff hadn't, and if a lot of other things hadn't happened, to tell you the honest truth, I really believe I would have walked away."
Douglas has vowed to continue her court fight for a 50 percent share of the profits from "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps", adding, "One cannot live one's life based on the court of public opinion."
But she dismissed critics who accused her of targeting Douglas while he was battling throat cancer last year 2010, "Michael didn't know he was ill, I didn't know he was ill, and the gods didn't know he was ill. I am not into going after sick people for things that don't belong to me... I am not a greedy person by nature."
Starr was jailed for seven years earlier in March for embezzling $30 million from clients including Uma Thurman, Martin Scorsese and Wesley Snipes, and Madoff was sentenced to 150 years in prison in 2009 after pleading guilty to siphoning billions from clients including Kevin Bacon and Zsa Zsa Gabor.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama