Police Won't Investigate Peaches Geldof Over Theft Accusation
Police officials have closed an investigation into allegations Bob Geldof's daughter Peaches Geldof stole a dress from a London store due to "insufficient evidence". The TV personality and columnist was accused of walking into a vintage retailer in Camden and swiping a $105 dress from the rails earlier in March.
A spokesperson for London's Metropolitan Police confirmed officers were investigating the claims, while the star's representative strenuously denied the allegations. Now the publicist has revealed police have contacted the star to say the case is closed and she won't be questioned.
"We have been contacted by the police today who informed us there was insufficient evidence, they had no intention of speaking to Peaches, and the case had been closed," the rep tells Britain's Daily Mail.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture