Police Won't Investigate Peaches Geldof Over Theft Accusation
Police officials have closed an investigation into allegations Bob Geldof's daughter Peaches Geldof stole a dress from a London store due to "insufficient evidence". The TV personality and columnist was accused of walking into a vintage retailer in Camden and swiping a $105 dress from the rails earlier in March.
A spokesperson for London's Metropolitan Police confirmed officers were investigating the claims, while the star's representative strenuously denied the allegations. Now the publicist has revealed police have contacted the star to say the case is closed and she won't be questioned.
"We have been contacted by the police today who informed us there was insufficient evidence, they had no intention of speaking to Peaches, and the case had been closed," the rep tells Britain's Daily Mail.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival