Police Won't Investigate Peaches Geldof Over Theft Accusation
Police officials have closed an investigation into allegations Bob Geldof's daughter Peaches Geldof stole a dress from a London store due to "insufficient evidence". The TV personality and columnist was accused of walking into a vintage retailer in Camden and swiping a $105 dress from the rails earlier in March.
A spokesperson for London's Metropolitan Police confirmed officers were investigating the claims, while the star's representative strenuously denied the allegations. Now the publicist has revealed police have contacted the star to say the case is closed and she won't be questioned.
"We have been contacted by the police today who informed us there was insufficient evidence, they had no intention of speaking to Peaches, and the case had been closed," the rep tells Britain's Daily Mail.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video