Police Won't Investigate Peaches Geldof Over Theft Accusation
Police officials have closed an investigation into allegations Bob Geldof's daughter Peaches Geldof stole a dress from a London store due to "insufficient evidence". The TV personality and columnist was accused of walking into a vintage retailer in Camden and swiping a $105 dress from the rails earlier in March.
A spokesperson for London's Metropolitan Police confirmed officers were investigating the claims, while the star's representative strenuously denied the allegations. Now the publicist has revealed police have contacted the star to say the case is closed and she won't be questioned.
"We have been contacted by the police today who informed us there was insufficient evidence, they had no intention of speaking to Peaches, and the case had been closed," the rep tells Britain's Daily Mail.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences