Police Won't Investigate Peaches Geldof Over Theft Accusation
Police officials have closed an investigation into allegations Bob Geldof's daughter Peaches Geldof stole a dress from a London store due to "insufficient evidence". The TV personality and columnist was accused of walking into a vintage retailer in Camden and swiping a $105 dress from the rails earlier in March.
A spokesperson for London's Metropolitan Police confirmed officers were investigating the claims, while the star's representative strenuously denied the allegations. Now the publicist has revealed police have contacted the star to say the case is closed and she won't be questioned.
"We have been contacted by the police today who informed us there was insufficient evidence, they had no intention of speaking to Peaches, and the case had been closed," the rep tells Britain's Daily Mail.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen