Nicki Minaj to Take Extra Security Next Time in London
Hip-hop star Nicki Minaj will be taking extra security to London when she visits Britain again after a number of run-ins with overzealous fans there. The "Your Love" hitmaker was left shocked by the efforts of her devotees overseas during a recent trip to England - because she thought Londoners were reserved and polite.
She tells Black Book magazine, "From the second we arrived in London, there were paparazzi everywhere. Kids were camped outside the hotel." Minaj reveals staff at The Dorchester were forced to erect barriers outside to keep fans from rushing at the star when she left the hotel.
She adds, "They stood behind it for hours and hours... but something weird happened every time they saw me, like, 'Oh my God, there she is! I need to get her right now.'" But one group of fans did get access to the hotel and woke the star's make-up artist in the middle of the night: "Seven girls banged on her door and they were like, 'Take us to Nicki!'"
More Nicki Minaj News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked