Nicki Minaj to Take Extra Security Next Time in London
Hip-hop star Nicki Minaj will be taking extra security to London when she visits Britain again after a number of run-ins with overzealous fans there. The "Your Love" hitmaker was left shocked by the efforts of her devotees overseas during a recent trip to England - because she thought Londoners were reserved and polite.
She tells Black Book magazine, "From the second we arrived in London, there were paparazzi everywhere. Kids were camped outside the hotel." Minaj reveals staff at The Dorchester were forced to erect barriers outside to keep fans from rushing at the star when she left the hotel.
She adds, "They stood behind it for hours and hours... but something weird happened every time they saw me, like, 'Oh my God, there she is! I need to get her right now.'" But one group of fans did get access to the hotel and woke the star's make-up artist in the middle of the night: "Seven girls banged on her door and they were like, 'Take us to Nicki!'"
More Nicki Minaj News
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo