Ellen DeGeneres' Trespasser Gets Three-Year Probation
A woman charged with trespassing on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's Los Angeles estate has been sentenced to three years probation. Karen Sjoden was arrested on the grounds of the stars' Beverly Hills compound in February and charged with a misdemeanor.
The suspect pleaded no contest to the count in a California court on Monday, March 14, and was granted credit for the 49 days already served in jail. She was ordered to serve three years on probation and told to stay away from the couple, its home and one of DeGeneres' employees.
Karen was also told to stay away from the NBC studio where Ellen records her show. Judge Revel said to her, "You can't email them, have a friend contact them and you can't have third party contact with them."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones