Ellen DeGeneres' Trespasser Gets Three-Year Probation
A woman charged with trespassing on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's Los Angeles estate has been sentenced to three years probation. Karen Sjoden was arrested on the grounds of the stars' Beverly Hills compound in February and charged with a misdemeanor.
The suspect pleaded no contest to the count in a California court on Monday, March 14, and was granted credit for the 49 days already served in jail. She was ordered to serve three years on probation and told to stay away from the couple, its home and one of DeGeneres' employees.
Karen was also told to stay away from the NBC studio where Ellen records her show. Judge Revel said to her, "You can't email them, have a friend contact them and you can't have third party contact with them."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!