Jennifer Aniston to Be Country Musician in 'The Goree Girls'
Gwyneth Paltrow's 2011 country music successes appear to have spurred another of Brad Pitt's exes on when it comes to hitting the high notes, Jennifer Aniston is fast-tracking her stalled movie about 1940s band "The Goree Girls".
The actress first signed up for the film in 2009, but other projects left the movie, which chronicles an all-female band made up of convicts, on the shelf. Now, the "Friends" star insists the film will be the next thing she does.
Launching her own namesake perfume in Mexico on Thursday, March 10, Aniston revealed she's looking forward to being a part of "the Dixie Chicks of their time".
Paltrow wowed country music critics with her performance as a washed-up singer in "Country Strong". She went on to perform the film's Best Song hope at the Oscars.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance