Pete Doherty Confirms He Was at Robbery Scene
Rocker Pete Doherty has admitted he was at the scene of a burglary in Germany on Tuesday, March 8 but is adamant he did not steal a guitar in the raid. The British star was reported to cops in Regensburg after a witness saw three men breaking into a record shop in the Bavarian city and recognized one of the trio as The Libertines frontman.
He is due to be quizzed by police on Wednesday, March 9 over claims a guitar and CDs - worth a total of $2,780 - were stolen from the Shadillac store, but he's now spoken out to protest his innocence. The star has admitted he was at the scene of the break-in in the early hours of Tuesday but has denied any involvement in the raid. He tells German TV network Sat 1, "I was there but it wasn't me."
On Tuesday evening, cops swooped on the hotel where Doherty is staying while he films scenes for his role in French production "Confession d'un Enfant du Siecle". They searched his room but did not recover any incriminating items.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'