Pete Doherty Confirms He Was at Robbery Scene
Rocker Pete Doherty has admitted he was at the scene of a burglary in Germany on Tuesday, March 8 but is adamant he did not steal a guitar in the raid. The British star was reported to cops in Regensburg after a witness saw three men breaking into a record shop in the Bavarian city and recognized one of the trio as The Libertines frontman.
He is due to be quizzed by police on Wednesday, March 9 over claims a guitar and CDs - worth a total of $2,780 - were stolen from the Shadillac store, but he's now spoken out to protest his innocence. The star has admitted he was at the scene of the break-in in the early hours of Tuesday but has denied any involvement in the raid. He tells German TV network Sat 1, "I was there but it wasn't me."
On Tuesday evening, cops swooped on the hotel where Doherty is staying while he films scenes for his role in French production "Confession d'un Enfant du Siecle". They searched his room but did not recover any incriminating items.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly