Pete Doherty Confirms He Was at Robbery Scene
Rocker Pete Doherty has admitted he was at the scene of a burglary in Germany on Tuesday, March 8 but is adamant he did not steal a guitar in the raid. The British star was reported to cops in Regensburg after a witness saw three men breaking into a record shop in the Bavarian city and recognized one of the trio as The Libertines frontman.
He is due to be quizzed by police on Wednesday, March 9 over claims a guitar and CDs - worth a total of $2,780 - were stolen from the Shadillac store, but he's now spoken out to protest his innocence. The star has admitted he was at the scene of the break-in in the early hours of Tuesday but has denied any involvement in the raid. He tells German TV network Sat 1, "I was there but it wasn't me."
On Tuesday evening, cops swooped on the hotel where Doherty is staying while he films scenes for his role in French production "Confession d'un Enfant du Siecle". They searched his room but did not recover any incriminating items.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones