Pete Doherty Confirms He Was at Robbery Scene
Rocker Pete Doherty has admitted he was at the scene of a burglary in Germany on Tuesday, March 8 but is adamant he did not steal a guitar in the raid. The British star was reported to cops in Regensburg after a witness saw three men breaking into a record shop in the Bavarian city and recognized one of the trio as The Libertines frontman.
He is due to be quizzed by police on Wednesday, March 9 over claims a guitar and CDs - worth a total of $2,780 - were stolen from the Shadillac store, but he's now spoken out to protest his innocence. The star has admitted he was at the scene of the break-in in the early hours of Tuesday but has denied any involvement in the raid. He tells German TV network Sat 1, "I was there but it wasn't me."
On Tuesday evening, cops swooped on the hotel where Doherty is staying while he films scenes for his role in French production "Confession d'un Enfant du Siecle". They searched his room but did not recover any incriminating items.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio