Pete Doherty Confirms He Was at Robbery Scene
Rocker Pete Doherty has admitted he was at the scene of a burglary in Germany on Tuesday, March 8 but is adamant he did not steal a guitar in the raid. The British star was reported to cops in Regensburg after a witness saw three men breaking into a record shop in the Bavarian city and recognized one of the trio as The Libertines frontman.
He is due to be quizzed by police on Wednesday, March 9 over claims a guitar and CDs - worth a total of $2,780 - were stolen from the Shadillac store, but he's now spoken out to protest his innocence. The star has admitted he was at the scene of the break-in in the early hours of Tuesday but has denied any involvement in the raid. He tells German TV network Sat 1, "I was there but it wasn't me."
On Tuesday evening, cops swooped on the hotel where Doherty is staying while he films scenes for his role in French production "Confession d'un Enfant du Siecle". They searched his room but did not recover any incriminating items.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent