Sienna Miller 'Destroyed' by Bad Reviews
Sienna Miller refuses to read reviews of her performances - after she was stung by "personal" criticism following her Broadway debut. The British actress was mauled by critics for her part in After Miss Julie in 2009 and she admits the negative remarks "destroyed" her.
A reviewer for the New York Times praised Miller for her "good posture and great legs" but went on to add: "Commendable as these attributes are, they are of limited use in portraying a tautly wound, death-courting neurotic who is eaten alive by her own demons."
But Miller learned her lesson after checking out the scathing article - she now refuses to even cast a glance at her reviews. She tells Britain's The Guardian, "I made the mistake of reading the New York Times once, which I will never do again. It was personal. It destroyed me."
"You do care, and you want people to enjoy it. I felt like everyone in the audience had read it. And that they all agreed. It was a great lesson in losing that attachment to what people think."
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors