Sienna Miller 'Destroyed' by Bad Reviews
Sienna Miller refuses to read reviews of her performances - after she was stung by "personal" criticism following her Broadway debut. The British actress was mauled by critics for her part in After Miss Julie in 2009 and she admits the negative remarks "destroyed" her.
A reviewer for the New York Times praised Miller for her "good posture and great legs" but went on to add: "Commendable as these attributes are, they are of limited use in portraying a tautly wound, death-courting neurotic who is eaten alive by her own demons."
But Miller learned her lesson after checking out the scathing article - she now refuses to even cast a glance at her reviews. She tells Britain's The Guardian, "I made the mistake of reading the New York Times once, which I will never do again. It was personal. It destroyed me."
"You do care, and you want people to enjoy it. I felt like everyone in the audience had read it. And that they all agreed. It was a great lesson in losing that attachment to what people think."
More Sienna Miller News
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online