Sienna Miller 'Destroyed' by Bad Reviews
Sienna Miller refuses to read reviews of her performances - after she was stung by "personal" criticism following her Broadway debut. The British actress was mauled by critics for her part in After Miss Julie in 2009 and she admits the negative remarks "destroyed" her.
A reviewer for the New York Times praised Miller for her "good posture and great legs" but went on to add: "Commendable as these attributes are, they are of limited use in portraying a tautly wound, death-courting neurotic who is eaten alive by her own demons."
But Miller learned her lesson after checking out the scathing article - she now refuses to even cast a glance at her reviews. She tells Britain's The Guardian, "I made the mistake of reading the New York Times once, which I will never do again. It was personal. It destroyed me."
"You do care, and you want people to enjoy it. I felt like everyone in the audience had read it. And that they all agreed. It was a great lesson in losing that attachment to what people think."
More Sienna Miller News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding