Sienna Miller 'Destroyed' by Bad Reviews
Sienna Miller refuses to read reviews of her performances - after she was stung by "personal" criticism following her Broadway debut. The British actress was mauled by critics for her part in After Miss Julie in 2009 and she admits the negative remarks "destroyed" her.
A reviewer for the New York Times praised Miller for her "good posture and great legs" but went on to add: "Commendable as these attributes are, they are of limited use in portraying a tautly wound, death-courting neurotic who is eaten alive by her own demons."
But Miller learned her lesson after checking out the scathing article - she now refuses to even cast a glance at her reviews. She tells Britain's The Guardian, "I made the mistake of reading the New York Times once, which I will never do again. It was personal. It destroyed me."
"You do care, and you want people to enjoy it. I felt like everyone in the audience had read it. And that they all agreed. It was a great lesson in losing that attachment to what people think."
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death