Sienna Miller 'Destroyed' by Bad Reviews
Sienna Miller refuses to read reviews of her performances - after she was stung by "personal" criticism following her Broadway debut. The British actress was mauled by critics for her part in After Miss Julie in 2009 and she admits the negative remarks "destroyed" her.
A reviewer for the New York Times praised Miller for her "good posture and great legs" but went on to add: "Commendable as these attributes are, they are of limited use in portraying a tautly wound, death-courting neurotic who is eaten alive by her own demons."
But Miller learned her lesson after checking out the scathing article - she now refuses to even cast a glance at her reviews. She tells Britain's The Guardian, "I made the mistake of reading the New York Times once, which I will never do again. It was personal. It destroyed me."
"You do care, and you want people to enjoy it. I felt like everyone in the audience had read it. And that they all agreed. It was a great lesson in losing that attachment to what people think."
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?