Justin Bieber's Hair Finally Sold at $40,668
A lock of Justin Bieber's hair has sold at auction for a staggering $40,668.The pop superstar handed his hair to TV personality Ellen DeGeneres during an appearance on her show last month - days after famously changing his look - and told her to sell it for a charity of her choice.
He stated, "I'm giving pieces of it (hair) to different people. We're doing something special. We want you to donate it to whatever charity you want." DeGeneres decided to sell it to raise funds for California animal rescue center The Gentle Barn, and placed the hair on eBay.com, where it quickly became a hot item.
Bidding reached $12,000 on Tuesday, March 1, but shot up overnight. It is not known who placed the winning bid. Meanwhile, fans of Bieber's famous mop-top hairstyle can take one final look at the 'do' that was thanks to late children's author Theodor Geisel.
As part of Read Across America Day, March 2, which coincides with the iconic writer's birthday, Bieber appears in a new viral video reading from one of Giesel's Dr. Seuss books, and encourages fans to do the same to mark the literary anniversary. The video was shot last month before Bieber chopped off his hair.
More Justin Bieber News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding