Justin Bieber's Hair Finally Sold at $40,668
A lock of Justin Bieber's hair has sold at auction for a staggering $40,668.The pop superstar handed his hair to TV personality Ellen DeGeneres during an appearance on her show last month - days after famously changing his look - and told her to sell it for a charity of her choice.
He stated, "I'm giving pieces of it (hair) to different people. We're doing something special. We want you to donate it to whatever charity you want." DeGeneres decided to sell it to raise funds for California animal rescue center The Gentle Barn, and placed the hair on eBay.com, where it quickly became a hot item.
Bidding reached $12,000 on Tuesday, March 1, but shot up overnight. It is not known who placed the winning bid. Meanwhile, fans of Bieber's famous mop-top hairstyle can take one final look at the 'do' that was thanks to late children's author Theodor Geisel.
As part of Read Across America Day, March 2, which coincides with the iconic writer's birthday, Bieber appears in a new viral video reading from one of Giesel's Dr. Seuss books, and encourages fans to do the same to mark the literary anniversary. The video was shot last month before Bieber chopped off his hair.
More Justin Bieber News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'