Justin Bieber's Hair Finally Sold at $40,668
A lock of Justin Bieber's hair has sold at auction for a staggering $40,668.The pop superstar handed his hair to TV personality Ellen DeGeneres during an appearance on her show last month - days after famously changing his look - and told her to sell it for a charity of her choice.
He stated, "I'm giving pieces of it (hair) to different people. We're doing something special. We want you to donate it to whatever charity you want." DeGeneres decided to sell it to raise funds for California animal rescue center The Gentle Barn, and placed the hair on eBay.com, where it quickly became a hot item.
Bidding reached $12,000 on Tuesday, March 1, but shot up overnight. It is not known who placed the winning bid. Meanwhile, fans of Bieber's famous mop-top hairstyle can take one final look at the 'do' that was thanks to late children's author Theodor Geisel.
As part of Read Across America Day, March 2, which coincides with the iconic writer's birthday, Bieber appears in a new viral video reading from one of Giesel's Dr. Seuss books, and encourages fans to do the same to mark the literary anniversary. The video was shot last month before Bieber chopped off his hair.
More Justin Bieber News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked