Justin Bieber's Hair Finally Sold at $40,668
A lock of Justin Bieber's hair has sold at auction for a staggering $40,668.The pop superstar handed his hair to TV personality Ellen DeGeneres during an appearance on her show last month - days after famously changing his look - and told her to sell it for a charity of her choice.
He stated, "I'm giving pieces of it (hair) to different people. We're doing something special. We want you to donate it to whatever charity you want." DeGeneres decided to sell it to raise funds for California animal rescue center The Gentle Barn, and placed the hair on eBay.com, where it quickly became a hot item.
Bidding reached $12,000 on Tuesday, March 1, but shot up overnight. It is not known who placed the winning bid. Meanwhile, fans of Bieber's famous mop-top hairstyle can take one final look at the 'do' that was thanks to late children's author Theodor Geisel.
As part of Read Across America Day, March 2, which coincides with the iconic writer's birthday, Bieber appears in a new viral video reading from one of Giesel's Dr. Seuss books, and encourages fans to do the same to mark the literary anniversary. The video was shot last month before Bieber chopped off his hair.
More Justin Bieber News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake