Charlie Sheen Told to Straighten Up or Lose 'Major League' Sequel
A movie boss has ordered Charlie Sheen to "straighten up" - or risk losing his role in the upcoming "Major League" sequel. Sheen has frequently hit the headlines in recent weeks as his personal life unravels - he ended up in hospital last month after a wild night of partying with porn stars and pals, before beginning a rehab stint at his Los Angeles home.
The string of scandals continued this week when Sheen publicly criticized "Two and a Half Men" writer Chuck Lorre, prompting producers to pull the plug on the sitcom for the rest of the season. Now Sheen has been told he could be excluded from plans for a fourth installment of the "Major League" franchise if he doesn't clean up his act.
The CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, the studio behind the film, insists he doesn't want to hire Sheen for the project after experiencing a frequently absent Lindsay Lohan on "Georgia Rule". James G. Robinson tells TMZ.com, "I'm not going to risk putting Charlie in the movie if he continues messing up."
"Obviously with Major League 3 there's a huge part written for Charlie's character... but after dealing with Lindsay Lohan on Georgia Rule, I can speak for someone who has experienced the difficulties of working with an actor dealing with addiction."
"I won't go through that again. If Charlie doesn't straighten up... I unfortunately can't put him in the movie. When Lindsay was doing Georgia Rule, she would miss full days of work. When an actor doesn't show up for work, you can lose half-a-million dollars a day paying the 250 other people there for the shoot and the costs for the set."
In 2006, Lohan was famously chastised by Robinson for her "irresponsible and unprofessional" behavior on the set of the drama, which he blamed on her "heavy partying" in a stern letter to the star.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics