Charlie Sheen Told to Straighten Up or Lose 'Major League' Sequel
A movie boss has ordered Charlie Sheen to "straighten up" - or risk losing his role in the upcoming "Major League" sequel. Sheen has frequently hit the headlines in recent weeks as his personal life unravels - he ended up in hospital last month after a wild night of partying with porn stars and pals, before beginning a rehab stint at his Los Angeles home.
The string of scandals continued this week when Sheen publicly criticized "Two and a Half Men" writer Chuck Lorre, prompting producers to pull the plug on the sitcom for the rest of the season. Now Sheen has been told he could be excluded from plans for a fourth installment of the "Major League" franchise if he doesn't clean up his act.
The CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, the studio behind the film, insists he doesn't want to hire Sheen for the project after experiencing a frequently absent Lindsay Lohan on "Georgia Rule". James G. Robinson tells TMZ.com, "I'm not going to risk putting Charlie in the movie if he continues messing up."
"Obviously with Major League 3 there's a huge part written for Charlie's character... but after dealing with Lindsay Lohan on Georgia Rule, I can speak for someone who has experienced the difficulties of working with an actor dealing with addiction."
"I won't go through that again. If Charlie doesn't straighten up... I unfortunately can't put him in the movie. When Lindsay was doing Georgia Rule, she would miss full days of work. When an actor doesn't show up for work, you can lose half-a-million dollars a day paying the 250 other people there for the shoot and the costs for the set."
In 2006, Lohan was famously chastised by Robinson for her "irresponsible and unprofessional" behavior on the set of the drama, which he blamed on her "heavy partying" in a stern letter to the star.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns