Eva Longoria Encourages Celebrities to Follow Fans for Charity
Eva Longoria has put her marriage split woes behind her to spearhead a second TwitChange charity drive. The actress raised over $500,000 for Haiti relief organizations last year by persuading famous friends to follow fans on Twitter.com in return for donations - and now she's campaigning for more cash.
In a video message posted online, the "Desperate Housewives" star urges fans to "make the world a better place". This year, the actress is raising money for CARE, an organization that helps young women globally.
Longoria was also recently named the 2011 grand marshal of the Texas Cavaliers River Parade during San Antonio's Fiesta. Proceeds from the event will go to 40 charities, including her charity Eva's Heroes. The actress "applauds them for taking the tradition and combining it with a philanthropic effort like children's charities."
More Eva Longoria News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump