Eva Longoria Encourages Celebrities to Follow Fans for Charity
Eva Longoria has put her marriage split woes behind her to spearhead a second TwitChange charity drive. The actress raised over $500,000 for Haiti relief organizations last year by persuading famous friends to follow fans on Twitter.com in return for donations - and now she's campaigning for more cash.
In a video message posted online, the "Desperate Housewives" star urges fans to "make the world a better place". This year, the actress is raising money for CARE, an organization that helps young women globally.
Longoria was also recently named the 2011 grand marshal of the Texas Cavaliers River Parade during San Antonio's Fiesta. Proceeds from the event will go to 40 charities, including her charity Eva's Heroes. The actress "applauds them for taking the tradition and combining it with a philanthropic effort like children's charities."
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'