Eva Longoria Encourages Celebrities to Follow Fans for Charity
Eva Longoria has put her marriage split woes behind her to spearhead a second TwitChange charity drive. The actress raised over $500,000 for Haiti relief organizations last year by persuading famous friends to follow fans on Twitter.com in return for donations - and now she's campaigning for more cash.
In a video message posted online, the "Desperate Housewives" star urges fans to "make the world a better place". This year, the actress is raising money for CARE, an organization that helps young women globally.
Longoria was also recently named the 2011 grand marshal of the Texas Cavaliers River Parade during San Antonio's Fiesta. Proceeds from the event will go to 40 charities, including her charity Eva's Heroes. The actress "applauds them for taking the tradition and combining it with a philanthropic effort like children's charities."
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO