Eva Longoria Encourages Celebrities to Follow Fans for Charity
Eva Longoria has put her marriage split woes behind her to spearhead a second TwitChange charity drive. The actress raised over $500,000 for Haiti relief organizations last year by persuading famous friends to follow fans on Twitter.com in return for donations - and now she's campaigning for more cash.
In a video message posted online, the "Desperate Housewives" star urges fans to "make the world a better place". This year, the actress is raising money for CARE, an organization that helps young women globally.
Longoria was also recently named the 2011 grand marshal of the Texas Cavaliers River Parade during San Antonio's Fiesta. Proceeds from the event will go to 40 charities, including her charity Eva's Heroes. The actress "applauds them for taking the tradition and combining it with a philanthropic effort like children's charities."
- Live Nation Confirms Jeremih Is Removed From PARTYNEXTDOOR's Tour
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies