Eva Longoria Encourages Celebrities to Follow Fans for Charity
Eva Longoria has put her marriage split woes behind her to spearhead a second TwitChange charity drive. The actress raised over $500,000 for Haiti relief organizations last year by persuading famous friends to follow fans on Twitter.com in return for donations - and now she's campaigning for more cash.
In a video message posted online, the "Desperate Housewives" star urges fans to "make the world a better place". This year, the actress is raising money for CARE, an organization that helps young women globally.
Longoria was also recently named the 2011 grand marshal of the Texas Cavaliers River Parade during San Antonio's Fiesta. Proceeds from the event will go to 40 charities, including her charity Eva's Heroes. The actress "applauds them for taking the tradition and combining it with a philanthropic effort like children's charities."
More Eva Longoria News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts