Mag Editor Defends Beyonce's Darkened Face
Editors of a French fashion magazine have defended a controversial photoshoot featuring Beyonce Knowles in dark make-up, insisting the singer's face was "voluntarily darkened" for the spread. The "Crazy in Love" hitmaker has come under fire for the African-themed shoot in L'Officiel Paris, which depicts the star in dark face paint and tribal-inspired clothing.
But editors of the publication have explained the styling and shot back at critics. A statement from a L'Officiel Paris spokesperson reads, "Far from (Beyonce's alter-ego) the glamorous Sasha Fierce, the beauty posed for the magazine with amazing fashion designers' clothes, but also in a dress created by her mother."
"A return to her African roots, as you can see in the picture, on which her face was voluntarily darkened. All the pictures will be available in the collector edition, on sale at the end of this month."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?