Mag Editor Defends Beyonce's Darkened Face
Editors of a French fashion magazine have defended a controversial photoshoot featuring Beyonce Knowles in dark make-up, insisting the singer's face was "voluntarily darkened" for the spread. The "Crazy in Love" hitmaker has come under fire for the African-themed shoot in L'Officiel Paris, which depicts the star in dark face paint and tribal-inspired clothing.
But editors of the publication have explained the styling and shot back at critics. A statement from a L'Officiel Paris spokesperson reads, "Far from (Beyonce's alter-ego) the glamorous Sasha Fierce, the beauty posed for the magazine with amazing fashion designers' clothes, but also in a dress created by her mother."
"A return to her African roots, as you can see in the picture, on which her face was voluntarily darkened. All the pictures will be available in the collector edition, on sale at the end of this month."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour