Mag Editor Defends Beyonce's Darkened Face
Editors of a French fashion magazine have defended a controversial photoshoot featuring Beyonce Knowles in dark make-up, insisting the singer's face was "voluntarily darkened" for the spread. The "Crazy in Love" hitmaker has come under fire for the African-themed shoot in L'Officiel Paris, which depicts the star in dark face paint and tribal-inspired clothing.
But editors of the publication have explained the styling and shot back at critics. A statement from a L'Officiel Paris spokesperson reads, "Far from (Beyonce's alter-ego) the glamorous Sasha Fierce, the beauty posed for the magazine with amazing fashion designers' clothes, but also in a dress created by her mother."
"A return to her African roots, as you can see in the picture, on which her face was voluntarily darkened. All the pictures will be available in the collector edition, on sale at the end of this month."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked