Mag Editor Defends Beyonce's Darkened Face
Editors of a French fashion magazine have defended a controversial photoshoot featuring Beyonce Knowles in dark make-up, insisting the singer's face was "voluntarily darkened" for the spread. The "Crazy in Love" hitmaker has come under fire for the African-themed shoot in L'Officiel Paris, which depicts the star in dark face paint and tribal-inspired clothing.
But editors of the publication have explained the styling and shot back at critics. A statement from a L'Officiel Paris spokesperson reads, "Far from (Beyonce's alter-ego) the glamorous Sasha Fierce, the beauty posed for the magazine with amazing fashion designers' clothes, but also in a dress created by her mother."
"A return to her African roots, as you can see in the picture, on which her face was voluntarily darkened. All the pictures will be available in the collector edition, on sale at the end of this month."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?