Michael Lohan Blames Himself for Lindsay's Troubles
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael has held his hands up and admitted he is "100 per cent" responsible for his daughter's personal troubles. The "Mean Girls" actress is currently facing a prison spell as she prepares to go to trial over a felony theft charge stemming from allegations she stole a necklace.
Lohan also spent time behind bars and in rehab last year to tackle a substance abuse and alcohol problem. Now her dad Michael has spoken out about her woes, confessing the Lohan family broke down after he lashed out and attacked his wife Dina's brother for taking drugs. And Michael believes the collapse of his marriage to Dina prompted Lindsay's downfall.
Asked if he is to blame for Lindsay's struggles, Michael tells CNN host Piers Morgan, "Justifiably, no doubt, 100 per cent. (Her mother) Dina and I are responsible - and I have to say myself more than Dina. Because if it wasn't for the fight I had when I caught her brother smoking crack at my son's party... I reacted the wrong way. I did not have to beat him up. I did not have to react the way I did - and inevitably that was the launch for our divorce... It was me or her (Dina's) family, and she chose her family, and that broke Lindsay's heart... It's a wake-up call for me."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special