Michael Lohan Blames Himself for Lindsay's Troubles
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael has held his hands up and admitted he is "100 per cent" responsible for his daughter's personal troubles. The "Mean Girls" actress is currently facing a prison spell as she prepares to go to trial over a felony theft charge stemming from allegations she stole a necklace.
Lohan also spent time behind bars and in rehab last year to tackle a substance abuse and alcohol problem. Now her dad Michael has spoken out about her woes, confessing the Lohan family broke down after he lashed out and attacked his wife Dina's brother for taking drugs. And Michael believes the collapse of his marriage to Dina prompted Lindsay's downfall.
Asked if he is to blame for Lindsay's struggles, Michael tells CNN host Piers Morgan, "Justifiably, no doubt, 100 per cent. (Her mother) Dina and I are responsible - and I have to say myself more than Dina. Because if it wasn't for the fight I had when I caught her brother smoking crack at my son's party... I reacted the wrong way. I did not have to beat him up. I did not have to react the way I did - and inevitably that was the launch for our divorce... It was me or her (Dina's) family, and she chose her family, and that broke Lindsay's heart... It's a wake-up call for me."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked