Billy Ray Cyrus Wants to 'Mend' His Family
Billy Ray Cyrus is trying his best to "mend" his relationship with his family after recently blaming fame for "destroying" their bond. The country singer hit the headlines after revealing in an interview he was "scared" for his superstar daughter Miley Cyrus following her rise to fame in the hit series "Hannah Montana" and a string of scandals.
He told GQ magazine, "The damn show destroyed my family... I hate to say it, but yes, I do (wish the show hadn't happened). I'd take it back in a second... I'm scared for her (Miley). She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger."
Cyrus now admits his comments were "explosive, and unintentionally so", and plans to focus on healing rifts with his loved ones. He tells People.com, "It is very important to me to work on mending my family right now. My family is the most important thing I have, and we are working together to make sure our future is stronger and healthier."
"It is all a learning process, and we thank everyone for their support and respect of our privacy as we sort through very important family issues."
The "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker filed for divorce from his wife Tish in October 2010, but the couple has recently been spotted spending time together in Los Angeles with their youngest daughter Noah Cyrus, 11.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics