Russell Brand's Fame Not Making Him Happy
British funnyman Russell Brand isn't happy despite his marriage to Katy Perry and his global success - because he insists fame isn't "all that good". The former drug addict and reformed Lothario catapulted into the spotlight starring in movies including "Get Him to the Greek", and last year he wed pop superstar Perry.
But despite his large cash flow and celebrity status, Brand admits he's still struggling to be positive even though he's got everything he ever craved as a young boy. In Brand's latest documentary, about happiness, he says, "I'm famous now. I didn't used to be but, when I was younger, I always wanted to be famous. I thought it would make me happy. But now I've got fame and some of the things that I thought would make me happy - it ain't worked."
"I don't want to say, 'Lavish sympathy upon me.' I can imagine what people will say, 'Wasn't it as good as you anticipated? Was it when you were single and all the sex and the boozing that was disappointing? Or is it really starting now you are living in a mansion with three cats and Katy Perry? You have suffered.' It's just peculiar to me, a lad growing up in Essex, London, that I would attach such importance to becoming famous and things, and it's not all that good."
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway