Russell Brand's Fame Not Making Him Happy
British funnyman Russell Brand isn't happy despite his marriage to Katy Perry and his global success - because he insists fame isn't "all that good". The former drug addict and reformed Lothario catapulted into the spotlight starring in movies including "Get Him to the Greek", and last year he wed pop superstar Perry.
But despite his large cash flow and celebrity status, Brand admits he's still struggling to be positive even though he's got everything he ever craved as a young boy. In Brand's latest documentary, about happiness, he says, "I'm famous now. I didn't used to be but, when I was younger, I always wanted to be famous. I thought it would make me happy. But now I've got fame and some of the things that I thought would make me happy - it ain't worked."
"I don't want to say, 'Lavish sympathy upon me.' I can imagine what people will say, 'Wasn't it as good as you anticipated? Was it when you were single and all the sex and the boozing that was disappointing? Or is it really starting now you are living in a mansion with three cats and Katy Perry? You have suffered.' It's just peculiar to me, a lad growing up in Essex, London, that I would attach such importance to becoming famous and things, and it's not all that good."
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake