Charlie Chaplin's Grandson Weds in Hindu Ceremony
Charlie Chaplin's grandson has wed in a Hindu ceremony in India. Mark Joplin, 60, exchanged vows with Terra Tiffany in Karnataka on Saturday, February 19, according to The Times of India.
Joplin, who speaks several Indian languages, has been visiting the country regularly since his 20s. Both he and his bride are deeply interested in Hindu culture and art, and have conducted seminars on Indian classical music and mythology in their native America.
Hindu leaders have applauded the couple for embracing the religion on their big day. U.S. statesman Rajan Zed tells WENN, "Vivah (marriage) is one of the major sanskar (sacrament) of Hindus, which involved rich and ancient rituals."
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series