Charlie Chaplin's Grandson Weds in Hindu Ceremony
Charlie Chaplin's grandson has wed in a Hindu ceremony in India. Mark Joplin, 60, exchanged vows with Terra Tiffany in Karnataka on Saturday, February 19, according to The Times of India.
Joplin, who speaks several Indian languages, has been visiting the country regularly since his 20s. Both he and his bride are deeply interested in Hindu culture and art, and have conducted seminars on Indian classical music and mythology in their native America.
Hindu leaders have applauded the couple for embracing the religion on their big day. U.S. statesman Rajan Zed tells WENN, "Vivah (marriage) is one of the major sanskar (sacrament) of Hindus, which involved rich and ancient rituals."
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson