Charlie Chaplin's Grandson Weds in Hindu Ceremony
Charlie Chaplin's grandson has wed in a Hindu ceremony in India. Mark Joplin, 60, exchanged vows with Terra Tiffany in Karnataka on Saturday, February 19, according to The Times of India.
Joplin, who speaks several Indian languages, has been visiting the country regularly since his 20s. Both he and his bride are deeply interested in Hindu culture and art, and have conducted seminars on Indian classical music and mythology in their native America.
Hindu leaders have applauded the couple for embracing the religion on their big day. U.S. statesman Rajan Zed tells WENN, "Vivah (marriage) is one of the major sanskar (sacrament) of Hindus, which involved rich and ancient rituals."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child