Charlie Chaplin's Grandson Weds in Hindu Ceremony
Charlie Chaplin's grandson has wed in a Hindu ceremony in India. Mark Joplin, 60, exchanged vows with Terra Tiffany in Karnataka on Saturday, February 19, according to The Times of India.
Joplin, who speaks several Indian languages, has been visiting the country regularly since his 20s. Both he and his bride are deeply interested in Hindu culture and art, and have conducted seminars on Indian classical music and mythology in their native America.
Hindu leaders have applauded the couple for embracing the religion on their big day. U.S. statesman Rajan Zed tells WENN, "Vivah (marriage) is one of the major sanskar (sacrament) of Hindus, which involved rich and ancient rituals."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked