Charlie Chaplin's Grandson Weds in Hindu Ceremony
Charlie Chaplin's grandson has wed in a Hindu ceremony in India. Mark Joplin, 60, exchanged vows with Terra Tiffany in Karnataka on Saturday, February 19, according to The Times of India.
Joplin, who speaks several Indian languages, has been visiting the country regularly since his 20s. Both he and his bride are deeply interested in Hindu culture and art, and have conducted seminars on Indian classical music and mythology in their native America.
Hindu leaders have applauded the couple for embracing the religion on their big day. U.S. statesman Rajan Zed tells WENN, "Vivah (marriage) is one of the major sanskar (sacrament) of Hindus, which involved rich and ancient rituals."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story