Jennifer Beals Passes on 'Dancing with the Stars' After Visiting the Studio
"Flashdance" star Jennifer Beals was put off making an appearance as a contestant on U.S. TV show "Dancing with the Stars" after visiting the studio to cheer on pal Marlee Matlin. The actress had been considering signing up for the program, but now insists no amount of money would persuade her to put on her dancing shoes.
She tells People.com, "I am not a dancer. They asked me and I said no. You could back up a truck to my door filled with cash and I wouldn't do it." And it was a fateful visit to the studio to support deaf actress Matlin that made her realize once and for all the show wasn't for her.
She adds, "The sound of the audience is so loud and the energy in there is so intense. I wanted to start crying just in feeling for her. I joked with Marlee and said, 'You don't know how lucky you are, you can't hear this.' "
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?