Jennifer Beals Passes on 'Dancing with the Stars' After Visiting the Studio
"Flashdance" star Jennifer Beals was put off making an appearance as a contestant on U.S. TV show "Dancing with the Stars" after visiting the studio to cheer on pal Marlee Matlin. The actress had been considering signing up for the program, but now insists no amount of money would persuade her to put on her dancing shoes.
She tells People.com, "I am not a dancer. They asked me and I said no. You could back up a truck to my door filled with cash and I wouldn't do it." And it was a fateful visit to the studio to support deaf actress Matlin that made her realize once and for all the show wasn't for her.
She adds, "The sound of the audience is so loud and the energy in there is so intense. I wanted to start crying just in feeling for her. I joked with Marlee and said, 'You don't know how lucky you are, you can't hear this.' "
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!