Jennifer Beals Passes on 'Dancing with the Stars' After Visiting the Studio
"Flashdance" star Jennifer Beals was put off making an appearance as a contestant on U.S. TV show "Dancing with the Stars" after visiting the studio to cheer on pal Marlee Matlin. The actress had been considering signing up for the program, but now insists no amount of money would persuade her to put on her dancing shoes.
She tells People.com, "I am not a dancer. They asked me and I said no. You could back up a truck to my door filled with cash and I wouldn't do it." And it was a fateful visit to the studio to support deaf actress Matlin that made her realize once and for all the show wasn't for her.
She adds, "The sound of the audience is so loud and the energy in there is so intense. I wanted to start crying just in feeling for her. I joked with Marlee and said, 'You don't know how lucky you are, you can't hear this.' "
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?