Jennifer Beals Passes on 'Dancing with the Stars' After Visiting the Studio
"Flashdance" star Jennifer Beals was put off making an appearance as a contestant on U.S. TV show "Dancing with the Stars" after visiting the studio to cheer on pal Marlee Matlin. The actress had been considering signing up for the program, but now insists no amount of money would persuade her to put on her dancing shoes.
She tells People.com, "I am not a dancer. They asked me and I said no. You could back up a truck to my door filled with cash and I wouldn't do it." And it was a fateful visit to the studio to support deaf actress Matlin that made her realize once and for all the show wasn't for her.
She adds, "The sound of the audience is so loud and the energy in there is so intense. I wanted to start crying just in feeling for her. I joked with Marlee and said, 'You don't know how lucky you are, you can't hear this.' "
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her