Jennifer Beals Passes on 'Dancing with the Stars' After Visiting the Studio
"Flashdance" star Jennifer Beals was put off making an appearance as a contestant on U.S. TV show "Dancing with the Stars" after visiting the studio to cheer on pal Marlee Matlin. The actress had been considering signing up for the program, but now insists no amount of money would persuade her to put on her dancing shoes.
She tells People.com, "I am not a dancer. They asked me and I said no. You could back up a truck to my door filled with cash and I wouldn't do it." And it was a fateful visit to the studio to support deaf actress Matlin that made her realize once and for all the show wasn't for her.
She adds, "The sound of the audience is so loud and the energy in there is so intense. I wanted to start crying just in feeling for her. I joked with Marlee and said, 'You don't know how lucky you are, you can't hear this.' "
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie