Britney Spears Beats Madonna and GaGa as Gay Icon
Singer Britney Spears has been voted the greatest gay icon of all time in a new poll. The "Toxic" hitmaker saw off competition from U.S. President Barack Obama and veteran performer Cher to take 31 per cent of the vote in the Orange County Equality Project's poll to find the quintessential gay icon.
Spears' idol Madonna came second with 25 per cent of the vote, but a poll spokesperson insists it was a close call between the two superstars. The Equality Project's Joel Waddell says, "When Madonna puts out a new album, she will be on top again. Madonna is the greatest icon the gay community has ever had."
Lady GaGa was voted in third with 22 per cent, while 12 per cent of respondents picked Katy Perry.
More Britney Spears News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'