Britney Spears Beats Madonna and GaGa as Gay Icon
Singer Britney Spears has been voted the greatest gay icon of all time in a new poll. The "Toxic" hitmaker saw off competition from U.S. President Barack Obama and veteran performer Cher to take 31 per cent of the vote in the Orange County Equality Project's poll to find the quintessential gay icon.
Spears' idol Madonna came second with 25 per cent of the vote, but a poll spokesperson insists it was a close call between the two superstars. The Equality Project's Joel Waddell says, "When Madonna puts out a new album, she will be on top again. Madonna is the greatest icon the gay community has ever had."
Lady GaGa was voted in third with 22 per cent, while 12 per cent of respondents picked Katy Perry.
More Britney Spears News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner