Britney Spears Beats Madonna and GaGa as Gay Icon
Singer Britney Spears has been voted the greatest gay icon of all time in a new poll. The "Toxic" hitmaker saw off competition from U.S. President Barack Obama and veteran performer Cher to take 31 per cent of the vote in the Orange County Equality Project's poll to find the quintessential gay icon.
Spears' idol Madonna came second with 25 per cent of the vote, but a poll spokesperson insists it was a close call between the two superstars. The Equality Project's Joel Waddell says, "When Madonna puts out a new album, she will be on top again. Madonna is the greatest icon the gay community has ever had."
Lady GaGa was voted in third with 22 per cent, while 12 per cent of respondents picked Katy Perry.
More Britney Spears News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift