Britney Spears Beats Madonna and GaGa as Gay Icon
Singer Britney Spears has been voted the greatest gay icon of all time in a new poll. The "Toxic" hitmaker saw off competition from U.S. President Barack Obama and veteran performer Cher to take 31 per cent of the vote in the Orange County Equality Project's poll to find the quintessential gay icon.
Spears' idol Madonna came second with 25 per cent of the vote, but a poll spokesperson insists it was a close call between the two superstars. The Equality Project's Joel Waddell says, "When Madonna puts out a new album, she will be on top again. Madonna is the greatest icon the gay community has ever had."
Lady GaGa was voted in third with 22 per cent, while 12 per cent of respondents picked Katy Perry.
More Britney Spears News
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses