Ciara Criticizes Label for Not Financially Supporting Her
R&B singer Ciara has opened up about her desperation to leave her record label, blasting bosses for not financially backing her music career. The "Goodies" star has been at the center of rumors she is on the brink of being dropped by Jive Records, but she has taken to her Facebook.com page to explain her side of the story.
The beauty claims she has struggled to receive any financial support from label chiefs before the release of her single "Gimmie Dat", revealing she has had to pay for the song and its promo with her own cash. She goes on to insist she has now personally asked to be freed from her contract so she can get on with her chart career.
In a revealing post, the star writes, "This week the net has been a buzz of the rumor that I have been dropped from my label. At this point that rumor is false... It is true that I have asked and I pray that my label will release me... The past two albums have been very frustrating for me."
"At times there were songs I chose to lead a project and I was ignored! This project, I even tried to get Gimmie Dat started. I spent tens of thousands of my own money only to hear the radio PDs tell me my label didn't want the song played. I even spent more than one hundred thousand dollars out of my pocket on the video to bring my vision to it and still no label support. I do understand that some labels are not financially supporting their artists and I have become one of them."
More Ciara News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App