Ciara Criticizes Label for Not Financially Supporting Her
R&B singer Ciara has opened up about her desperation to leave her record label, blasting bosses for not financially backing her music career. The "Goodies" star has been at the center of rumors she is on the brink of being dropped by Jive Records, but she has taken to her Facebook.com page to explain her side of the story.
The beauty claims she has struggled to receive any financial support from label chiefs before the release of her single "Gimmie Dat", revealing she has had to pay for the song and its promo with her own cash. She goes on to insist she has now personally asked to be freed from her contract so she can get on with her chart career.
In a revealing post, the star writes, "This week the net has been a buzz of the rumor that I have been dropped from my label. At this point that rumor is false... It is true that I have asked and I pray that my label will release me... The past two albums have been very frustrating for me."
"At times there were songs I chose to lead a project and I was ignored! This project, I even tried to get Gimmie Dat started. I spent tens of thousands of my own money only to hear the radio PDs tell me my label didn't want the song played. I even spent more than one hundred thousand dollars out of my pocket on the video to bring my vision to it and still no label support. I do understand that some labels are not financially supporting their artists and I have become one of them."
More Ciara News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism