Chester Bennington Sorry for Axed Linkin Park Concerts
Linkin Park frontman Chester Benninton has apologized to fans after falling ill and forcing the band to axe its third consecutive concert. The "Crawling" rockers canceled a show in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, February 10 after Bennington was ordered by doctors to rest.
But his mystery ailment meant the group had to scrap its next gig in Uncasville, Connecticut on Friday, February 11, in addition to Sunday's set in Cincinnati, Ohio. Bennington reached out to fans on Friday night to thank them for their understanding as he battles to regain his health.
A message posted on Linkin Park's website reads: "Hi guys, I wanted to write you a note and let you know that unfortunately we have to cancel our 3rd show in a row. As much as I'd love to be on stage rocking out for you, I'm under doctor's orders to rest. I really appreciate all the notes and kind words you've sent my way. Our fans really are the best fans in the world... Chester."
Ticketholders have been offered refunds for the canceled shows and the stars are hoping to make amends by giving fans a free audio download from any date on their 'A Thousand Suns' tour.
More Linkin Park News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce