Lindsay Lohan's Defense on Jewelry Theft Case: 'I Would Never Steal'
Lindsay Lohan has protested her innocence after she was charged with felony theft on Wednesday, February 9 in a new Facebook posting. The actress has pleaded not guilty to accusations she stole a necklace from a Venice, California jeweler, maintaining she understood the item was on loan to her.
Her lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley insists the case against the "Mean Girls" star is "entirely defensible", but she's interested in taking a plea deal with prosecutors if it means no jail for Lohan. The actress insists that doesn't mean she has been lying about the jewelery drama. Taking to her Facebook page, she writes, "fyi - i would never steal, in case people are wondering. I was not raised to lie, cheat, or steal."
Lohan also hit back at reports she was dressed inappropriately for her day in court on Wednesday, February 9. She wore a figure-hugging white mini-dress, which critics suggest resembles the one a pants-less Sharon Stone wore in "Basic Instinct". The actress adds, "Also, what i wear to court shouldnt be front page news. it's just absurd. god bless."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie