Lindsay Lohan's Defense on Jewelry Theft Case: 'I Would Never Steal'
Lindsay Lohan has protested her innocence after she was charged with felony theft on Wednesday, February 9 in a new Facebook posting. The actress has pleaded not guilty to accusations she stole a necklace from a Venice, California jeweler, maintaining she understood the item was on loan to her.
Her lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley insists the case against the "Mean Girls" star is "entirely defensible", but she's interested in taking a plea deal with prosecutors if it means no jail for Lohan. The actress insists that doesn't mean she has been lying about the jewelery drama. Taking to her Facebook page, she writes, "fyi - i would never steal, in case people are wondering. I was not raised to lie, cheat, or steal."
Lohan also hit back at reports she was dressed inappropriately for her day in court on Wednesday, February 9. She wore a figure-hugging white mini-dress, which critics suggest resembles the one a pants-less Sharon Stone wore in "Basic Instinct". The actress adds, "Also, what i wear to court shouldnt be front page news. it's just absurd. god bless."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!