Lindsay Lohan's Defense on Jewelry Theft Case: 'I Would Never Steal'
Lindsay Lohan has protested her innocence after she was charged with felony theft on Wednesday, February 9 in a new Facebook posting. The actress has pleaded not guilty to accusations she stole a necklace from a Venice, California jeweler, maintaining she understood the item was on loan to her.
Her lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley insists the case against the "Mean Girls" star is "entirely defensible", but she's interested in taking a plea deal with prosecutors if it means no jail for Lohan. The actress insists that doesn't mean she has been lying about the jewelery drama. Taking to her Facebook page, she writes, "fyi - i would never steal, in case people are wondering. I was not raised to lie, cheat, or steal."
Lohan also hit back at reports she was dressed inappropriately for her day in court on Wednesday, February 9. She wore a figure-hugging white mini-dress, which critics suggest resembles the one a pants-less Sharon Stone wore in "Basic Instinct". The actress adds, "Also, what i wear to court shouldnt be front page news. it's just absurd. god bless."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date