Lindsay Lohan's Defense on Jewelry Theft Case: 'I Would Never Steal'
Lindsay Lohan has protested her innocence after she was charged with felony theft on Wednesday, February 9 in a new Facebook posting. The actress has pleaded not guilty to accusations she stole a necklace from a Venice, California jeweler, maintaining she understood the item was on loan to her.
Her lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley insists the case against the "Mean Girls" star is "entirely defensible", but she's interested in taking a plea deal with prosecutors if it means no jail for Lohan. The actress insists that doesn't mean she has been lying about the jewelery drama. Taking to her Facebook page, she writes, "fyi - i would never steal, in case people are wondering. I was not raised to lie, cheat, or steal."
Lohan also hit back at reports she was dressed inappropriately for her day in court on Wednesday, February 9. She wore a figure-hugging white mini-dress, which critics suggest resembles the one a pants-less Sharon Stone wore in "Basic Instinct". The actress adds, "Also, what i wear to court shouldnt be front page news. it's just absurd. god bless."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest