Blake Lively's Rep Denies 'Sex and the City' Involvement
A representative for Blake Lively has dismissed reports the actress is lined up to play a young Carrie Bradshaw in a "Sex and the City" prequel. Sarah Jessica Parker's sex-obsessed character Bradshaw is set to hit the big screen solo in a movie based on "The Carrie Diaries", a book by Candace Bushnell, whose novel inspired the hit TV show.
Miley Cyrus has previously expressed an interest in the role, but Britain's Grazia magazine claimed earlier this week that the "Gossip Girl" beauty was in talks for the part. "The prequel is about breathing new life into the story and exploring Carrie's first few months in NYC and the beginning of her relationship with an older man," an insider told the mag.
But Lively's rep has moved swiftly to deny the speculation, telling GossipCop.com, "There is no truth to it."
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'