Blake Lively's Rep Denies 'Sex and the City' Involvement
A representative for Blake Lively has dismissed reports the actress is lined up to play a young Carrie Bradshaw in a "Sex and the City" prequel. Sarah Jessica Parker's sex-obsessed character Bradshaw is set to hit the big screen solo in a movie based on "The Carrie Diaries", a book by Candace Bushnell, whose novel inspired the hit TV show.
Miley Cyrus has previously expressed an interest in the role, but Britain's Grazia magazine claimed earlier this week that the "Gossip Girl" beauty was in talks for the part. "The prequel is about breathing new life into the story and exploring Carrie's first few months in NYC and the beginning of her relationship with an older man," an insider told the mag.
But Lively's rep has moved swiftly to deny the speculation, telling GossipCop.com, "There is no truth to it."
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera