Paul Giamatti and 'Barney's Vision' Are Big Genie Nominees
Paul Giamatti's new movie "Barney's Version" is leading all nominees for the upcoming Genie Awards in Canada with 11 nods. The film has edged out Canada's Best Foreign Language Oscar hopeful, "Incendies", which has landed 10 nominations. The two movies will compete for the Best Film prize at the independent cinema awards in March, along with "10 1/2", "Les Amours Imaginaires" and "Splice".
Giamatti will compete with Jay Baruchel (The Trotsky), Robert Naylor (10 1/2), Francois Papineau (Route 132) and Timothy Olyphant (High Life) for the Best Actor award, while the Best Actress race will be run by Lubna Azabal (Incendies), Tatiana Maslany (Grown Up Movie Star), Molly Parker (Trigger), Tracey Wright (Trigger) and Rosamund Pike (Barney's Version).
The Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television will hand out the honors on March 10.
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game