Jason Mraz Won't Wed Tristan Prettyman Until Gay Marriage Is Legalized
Singer/songwriter Jason Mraz has pledged not to wed fiancee Tristan Prettyman until gay marriage is legal in America. The "I'm Yours" singer proposed to his girlfriend last month but it could be quite some time before they officially exchange vows.
Mraz explains, "We both feel that in our engagement, we have a union that's really special and can't be broken. It's a sacred bond. The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community - our moms especially - and so it puts us in the fight. We can't get married until (gay) marriage is legal and equal... but she (Prettyman) is definitely my dream girl."
Jason Mraz was previously married to makeup artist Sheridan Edley. After the divorce, he dated Tristan Prettyman, and they worked on a song together called "Shy That Way" which appears in her 2005 album "Twentythree".
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'