Jason Mraz Won't Wed Tristan Prettyman Until Gay Marriage Is Legalized
Singer/songwriter Jason Mraz has pledged not to wed fiancee Tristan Prettyman until gay marriage is legal in America. The "I'm Yours" singer proposed to his girlfriend last month but it could be quite some time before they officially exchange vows.
Mraz explains, "We both feel that in our engagement, we have a union that's really special and can't be broken. It's a sacred bond. The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community - our moms especially - and so it puts us in the fight. We can't get married until (gay) marriage is legal and equal... but she (Prettyman) is definitely my dream girl."
Jason Mraz was previously married to makeup artist Sheridan Edley. After the divorce, he dated Tristan Prettyman, and they worked on a song together called "Shy That Way" which appears in her 2005 album "Twentythree".
- Nick Jonas Is in Talks for 'Jumanji' Reboot, Chris Evans Circles Lead Role in Lionsgate's 'Jekyll'
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards