Jason Mraz Won't Wed Tristan Prettyman Until Gay Marriage Is Legalized
Singer/songwriter Jason Mraz has pledged not to wed fiancee Tristan Prettyman until gay marriage is legal in America. The "I'm Yours" singer proposed to his girlfriend last month but it could be quite some time before they officially exchange vows.
Mraz explains, "We both feel that in our engagement, we have a union that's really special and can't be broken. It's a sacred bond. The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community - our moms especially - and so it puts us in the fight. We can't get married until (gay) marriage is legal and equal... but she (Prettyman) is definitely my dream girl."
Jason Mraz was previously married to makeup artist Sheridan Edley. After the divorce, he dated Tristan Prettyman, and they worked on a song together called "Shy That Way" which appears in her 2005 album "Twentythree".
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts