Jason Mraz Won't Wed Tristan Prettyman Until Gay Marriage Is Legalized
Singer/songwriter Jason Mraz has pledged not to wed fiancee Tristan Prettyman until gay marriage is legal in America. The "I'm Yours" singer proposed to his girlfriend last month but it could be quite some time before they officially exchange vows.
Mraz explains, "We both feel that in our engagement, we have a union that's really special and can't be broken. It's a sacred bond. The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community - our moms especially - and so it puts us in the fight. We can't get married until (gay) marriage is legal and equal... but she (Prettyman) is definitely my dream girl."
Jason Mraz was previously married to makeup artist Sheridan Edley. After the divorce, he dated Tristan Prettyman, and they worked on a song together called "Shy That Way" which appears in her 2005 album "Twentythree".
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball