Eddie Montgomery Beats Prostate Cancer
Country star Eddie Montgomery has been given the best news as he prepares to return to the stage after taking time off to battle cancer - he has beaten the disease. The singer underwent robotic surgery in December 2010 and his doctor, Thomas Kirk Slabaugh, Jr., has confirmed the operation was a success.
He says, "His cancer was completely excised, and he will not require further treatment for his prostate cancer in the future." Montgomery will return to the stage for his first public appearance of 2011 at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee on Friday night, January 21.
He and partner Troy Gentry will then depart for a week-long tour of U.S. military bases in South Korea and Japan.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri