Eddie Montgomery Beats Prostate Cancer
Country star Eddie Montgomery has been given the best news as he prepares to return to the stage after taking time off to battle cancer - he has beaten the disease. The singer underwent robotic surgery in December 2010 and his doctor, Thomas Kirk Slabaugh, Jr., has confirmed the operation was a success.
He says, "His cancer was completely excised, and he will not require further treatment for his prostate cancer in the future." Montgomery will return to the stage for his first public appearance of 2011 at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee on Friday night, January 21.
He and partner Troy Gentry will then depart for a week-long tour of U.S. military bases in South Korea and Japan.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order