Eddie Montgomery Beats Prostate Cancer
Country star Eddie Montgomery has been given the best news as he prepares to return to the stage after taking time off to battle cancer - he has beaten the disease. The singer underwent robotic surgery in December 2010 and his doctor, Thomas Kirk Slabaugh, Jr., has confirmed the operation was a success.
He says, "His cancer was completely excised, and he will not require further treatment for his prostate cancer in the future." Montgomery will return to the stage for his first public appearance of 2011 at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee on Friday night, January 21.
He and partner Troy Gentry will then depart for a week-long tour of U.S. military bases in South Korea and Japan.
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image