Eddie Montgomery Beats Prostate Cancer
Country star Eddie Montgomery has been given the best news as he prepares to return to the stage after taking time off to battle cancer - he has beaten the disease. The singer underwent robotic surgery in December 2010 and his doctor, Thomas Kirk Slabaugh, Jr., has confirmed the operation was a success.
He says, "His cancer was completely excised, and he will not require further treatment for his prostate cancer in the future." Montgomery will return to the stage for his first public appearance of 2011 at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee on Friday night, January 21.
He and partner Troy Gentry will then depart for a week-long tour of U.S. military bases in South Korea and Japan.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound