Guns N' Roses Turn Down 'Glee', Saying It's Worse Than Bad-Enough 'Grease'
Guns N' Roses have become the latest act to turn down "Glee". The band's former guitarist Slash has revealed he and frontman Axl Rose were approached by the hit TV show's producers about a possible episode themed around their hits - but opted not to be a part of the Golden Globes-winning musical comedy series.
Slash tells EW.com, "In the current climate of what's going on in entertainment these days, I try to be more optimistic than negative because it's really easy to get negative about it, but I draw the line at Glee."
"Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough... When Grease came out, I was like, 'Oh c'mon, give me a break.' Actually, I look at Grease now and think, 'Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art.' "
Guns N' Roses aren't the only rock stars to turn down "Glee" - Kings of Leon and Coldplay also turned down musical tributes on the show. Coldplay have since reconsidered their stance.
More Glee News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?