Guns N' Roses Turn Down 'Glee', Saying It's Worse Than Bad-Enough 'Grease'
Guns N' Roses have become the latest act to turn down "Glee". The band's former guitarist Slash has revealed he and frontman Axl Rose were approached by the hit TV show's producers about a possible episode themed around their hits - but opted not to be a part of the Golden Globes-winning musical comedy series.
Slash tells EW.com, "In the current climate of what's going on in entertainment these days, I try to be more optimistic than negative because it's really easy to get negative about it, but I draw the line at Glee."
"Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough... When Grease came out, I was like, 'Oh c'mon, give me a break.' Actually, I look at Grease now and think, 'Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art.' "
Guns N' Roses aren't the only rock stars to turn down "Glee" - Kings of Leon and Coldplay also turned down musical tributes on the show. Coldplay have since reconsidered their stance.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding