Guns N' Roses Turn Down 'Glee', Saying It's Worse Than Bad-Enough 'Grease'
Guns N' Roses have become the latest act to turn down "Glee". The band's former guitarist Slash has revealed he and frontman Axl Rose were approached by the hit TV show's producers about a possible episode themed around their hits - but opted not to be a part of the Golden Globes-winning musical comedy series.
Slash tells EW.com, "In the current climate of what's going on in entertainment these days, I try to be more optimistic than negative because it's really easy to get negative about it, but I draw the line at Glee."
"Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough... When Grease came out, I was like, 'Oh c'mon, give me a break.' Actually, I look at Grease now and think, 'Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art.' "
Guns N' Roses aren't the only rock stars to turn down "Glee" - Kings of Leon and Coldplay also turned down musical tributes on the show. Coldplay have since reconsidered their stance.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!