Guns N' Roses Turn Down 'Glee', Saying It's Worse Than Bad-Enough 'Grease'
Guns N' Roses have become the latest act to turn down "Glee". The band's former guitarist Slash has revealed he and frontman Axl Rose were approached by the hit TV show's producers about a possible episode themed around their hits - but opted not to be a part of the Golden Globes-winning musical comedy series.
Slash tells EW.com, "In the current climate of what's going on in entertainment these days, I try to be more optimistic than negative because it's really easy to get negative about it, but I draw the line at Glee."
"Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough... When Grease came out, I was like, 'Oh c'mon, give me a break.' Actually, I look at Grease now and think, 'Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art.' "
Guns N' Roses aren't the only rock stars to turn down "Glee" - Kings of Leon and Coldplay also turned down musical tributes on the show. Coldplay have since reconsidered their stance.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake