Taylor Momsen Apologizes to Parents for Interview
Taylor Momsen was forced to apologize to her parents for comments she made in a recent interview, in which she appeared to blame them for pushing her into the spotlight when she was a toddler. The Pretty Reckless star appeared to slam her mum and dad for forcing her to become a model when she was just two years old, revealing in a candid chat, "No two year old wants to be working, but I had no choice... I didn't have friends. I was working constantly and I didn't have a real life."
But Momsen insists her remarks were taken out of context in the interview, and she's grateful for her parents' early encouragement - because she loves her life as a singer/actress now. Momsen tells Britain's Kerrang! magazine, "(After reading the article, they felt) horrible! I love my mom and dad. Maybe I didn't have the childhood people think you should have, but I still went through the ages, I was still a child. Maybe it wasn't a conventional one, but you know... I like where I am now so it's OK."
"I think my parents have learned by this point that none of (what they read) is probably true, and words can be put in your mouth."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media