Taylor Momsen Apologizes to Parents for Interview
Taylor Momsen was forced to apologize to her parents for comments she made in a recent interview, in which she appeared to blame them for pushing her into the spotlight when she was a toddler. The Pretty Reckless star appeared to slam her mum and dad for forcing her to become a model when she was just two years old, revealing in a candid chat, "No two year old wants to be working, but I had no choice... I didn't have friends. I was working constantly and I didn't have a real life."
But Momsen insists her remarks were taken out of context in the interview, and she's grateful for her parents' early encouragement - because she loves her life as a singer/actress now. Momsen tells Britain's Kerrang! magazine, "(After reading the article, they felt) horrible! I love my mom and dad. Maybe I didn't have the childhood people think you should have, but I still went through the ages, I was still a child. Maybe it wasn't a conventional one, but you know... I like where I am now so it's OK."
"I think my parents have learned by this point that none of (what they read) is probably true, and words can be put in your mouth."
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date