Taylor Momsen Apologizes to Parents for Interview
Taylor Momsen was forced to apologize to her parents for comments she made in a recent interview, in which she appeared to blame them for pushing her into the spotlight when she was a toddler. The Pretty Reckless star appeared to slam her mum and dad for forcing her to become a model when she was just two years old, revealing in a candid chat, "No two year old wants to be working, but I had no choice... I didn't have friends. I was working constantly and I didn't have a real life."
But Momsen insists her remarks were taken out of context in the interview, and she's grateful for her parents' early encouragement - because she loves her life as a singer/actress now. Momsen tells Britain's Kerrang! magazine, "(After reading the article, they felt) horrible! I love my mom and dad. Maybe I didn't have the childhood people think you should have, but I still went through the ages, I was still a child. Maybe it wasn't a conventional one, but you know... I like where I am now so it's OK."
"I think my parents have learned by this point that none of (what they read) is probably true, and words can be put in your mouth."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic