Taylor Momsen Apologizes to Parents for Interview
Taylor Momsen was forced to apologize to her parents for comments she made in a recent interview, in which she appeared to blame them for pushing her into the spotlight when she was a toddler. The Pretty Reckless star appeared to slam her mum and dad for forcing her to become a model when she was just two years old, revealing in a candid chat, "No two year old wants to be working, but I had no choice... I didn't have friends. I was working constantly and I didn't have a real life."
But Momsen insists her remarks were taken out of context in the interview, and she's grateful for her parents' early encouragement - because she loves her life as a singer/actress now. Momsen tells Britain's Kerrang! magazine, "(After reading the article, they felt) horrible! I love my mom and dad. Maybe I didn't have the childhood people think you should have, but I still went through the ages, I was still a child. Maybe it wasn't a conventional one, but you know... I like where I am now so it's OK."
"I think my parents have learned by this point that none of (what they read) is probably true, and words can be put in your mouth."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie