Chuck Berry Slumped On Stage Mid-Show
Chuck Berry was forced to cut his Chicago, Illinois concert short on Saturday night, January 1, after he collapsed on stage mid-show. The 84 year old startled fans an hour into his gig at the Concert Theater when he slumped over a keyboard and had to be escorted off stage to be checked by paramedics.
After being examined, Berry returned to the stage to thank confused fans who waited for the show to continue, but he told the crowd he was unable to carry on. According to Fire Department spokesman, Joe Roccasalva, Berry signed a release saying he was fine, and was not taken to a hospital.
Concert promoter Michael Petryshyn tells BBC News, "All I know is he felt faint, he felt weak, and I was told to call 911."
The singer had performed two shows in New York City on Friday, December 31 night before the health scare. Further details regarding Berry's condition was not made available as WENN went to press.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?