Chuck Berry Slumped On Stage Mid-Show
Chuck Berry was forced to cut his Chicago, Illinois concert short on Saturday night, January 1, after he collapsed on stage mid-show. The 84 year old startled fans an hour into his gig at the Concert Theater when he slumped over a keyboard and had to be escorted off stage to be checked by paramedics.
After being examined, Berry returned to the stage to thank confused fans who waited for the show to continue, but he told the crowd he was unable to carry on. According to Fire Department spokesman, Joe Roccasalva, Berry signed a release saying he was fine, and was not taken to a hospital.
Concert promoter Michael Petryshyn tells BBC News, "All I know is he felt faint, he felt weak, and I was told to call 911."
The singer had performed two shows in New York City on Friday, December 31 night before the health scare. Further details regarding Berry's condition was not made available as WENN went to press.
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous