Chuck Berry Slumped On Stage Mid-Show
Chuck Berry was forced to cut his Chicago, Illinois concert short on Saturday night, January 1, after he collapsed on stage mid-show. The 84 year old startled fans an hour into his gig at the Concert Theater when he slumped over a keyboard and had to be escorted off stage to be checked by paramedics.
After being examined, Berry returned to the stage to thank confused fans who waited for the show to continue, but he told the crowd he was unable to carry on. According to Fire Department spokesman, Joe Roccasalva, Berry signed a release saying he was fine, and was not taken to a hospital.
Concert promoter Michael Petryshyn tells BBC News, "All I know is he felt faint, he felt weak, and I was told to call 911."
The singer had performed two shows in New York City on Friday, December 31 night before the health scare. Further details regarding Berry's condition was not made available as WENN went to press.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance