Brandy Reveals New Ganesh Tattoo on Her Wrist
R&B star Brandy is ringing in the New Year with a new tattoo of Hindu deity Ganesh. The singer and TV star initially left fans baffled when she revealed all about her new skin art on Twitter.com, suggesting the religious design was Egyptian - but she quickly corrected herself.
She writes, "Ganesh is actually a Hindu deity, not Egyptian :) the tattoo is gorgeous!" Brandy showed off her spiritual new tattoo in a picture on her Twitter.com page on Tuesday, December 28. And now Hindu leaders are calling on Brandy to visit a California temple - to learn more about the religion.
Welcoming her interest in Lord Ganesh, eminent Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, says, "I'd urge her to go beyond the fashion statement and explore the rich philosophical thought which Hinduism offers. I will gladly provide the Hinduism resources helpful in her exploration and comprehensive understanding of Hinduism."
He tells WENN that, in Hinduism, Lord Ganesh is worshipped as god of wisdom and remover of obstacles.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos