Madonna Is Most Written Artist of the Decade
Madonna has filled more column inches in Britain than any other celebrity over the last decade, according to new research. The singer came top of a study to find the star who has grabbed the most headlines in U.K. print press since 2000.
The research by Kantar Media found Madonna has been mentioned a massive 46,017 times over the last 10 years, while British music mogul Simon Cowell came second with 29,888. Kantar Media researcher Brian Merron says, "This shows why she's hailed as a legend. That stickability factor in the consciousness of the nation marks her as a special talent and someone who is able to constantly re-invent themselves to change with the times."
Pop star Robbie Williams took third place, ahead of supermodel Kate Moss and Britney Spears in fourth and fifth respectively. The top 10 also features Victoria Adams and David Beckham, Michael Jackson, Sir Paul McCartney and Kylie Minogue.
More Madonna News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'