No Visitor Allowed While DMX Is in Mental Health Unit
Embattled rapper DMX has been transferred to a mental health unit at the prison where he is currently serving a 12-month sentence for probation violation. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, was busted by cops at an Arizona club in November after slipping up in his sobriety battle by using cocaine and consuming alcohol during a gig. He was also accused of driving on a suspended licence and failing to check in with his probation officer.
DMX initially denied the allegations, but later entered a guilty plea to a charge of felony probation violation and was sentenced to a year behind bars. At the sentencing hearing earlier this month, Judge Christine Mulleneaux expressed concern he is suffering from an undiagnosed mental condition, and on December 20, DMX was admitted to the Flamenco Mental Health Unit inside the Alahambra Prison complex, reports AllHipHop.com.
He has also been barred from having any visitors for 30 days while he is treated in the unit.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs