No Visitor Allowed While DMX Is in Mental Health Unit
Embattled rapper DMX has been transferred to a mental health unit at the prison where he is currently serving a 12-month sentence for probation violation. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, was busted by cops at an Arizona club in November after slipping up in his sobriety battle by using cocaine and consuming alcohol during a gig. He was also accused of driving on a suspended licence and failing to check in with his probation officer.
DMX initially denied the allegations, but later entered a guilty plea to a charge of felony probation violation and was sentenced to a year behind bars. At the sentencing hearing earlier this month, Judge Christine Mulleneaux expressed concern he is suffering from an undiagnosed mental condition, and on December 20, DMX was admitted to the Flamenco Mental Health Unit inside the Alahambra Prison complex, reports AllHipHop.com.
He has also been barred from having any visitors for 30 days while he is treated in the unit.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen