No Visitor Allowed While DMX Is in Mental Health Unit
Embattled rapper DMX has been transferred to a mental health unit at the prison where he is currently serving a 12-month sentence for probation violation. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, was busted by cops at an Arizona club in November after slipping up in his sobriety battle by using cocaine and consuming alcohol during a gig. He was also accused of driving on a suspended licence and failing to check in with his probation officer.
DMX initially denied the allegations, but later entered a guilty plea to a charge of felony probation violation and was sentenced to a year behind bars. At the sentencing hearing earlier this month, Judge Christine Mulleneaux expressed concern he is suffering from an undiagnosed mental condition, and on December 20, DMX was admitted to the Flamenco Mental Health Unit inside the Alahambra Prison complex, reports AllHipHop.com.
He has also been barred from having any visitors for 30 days while he is treated in the unit.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism