No Visitor Allowed While DMX Is in Mental Health Unit
Embattled rapper DMX has been transferred to a mental health unit at the prison where he is currently serving a 12-month sentence for probation violation. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, was busted by cops at an Arizona club in November after slipping up in his sobriety battle by using cocaine and consuming alcohol during a gig. He was also accused of driving on a suspended licence and failing to check in with his probation officer.
DMX initially denied the allegations, but later entered a guilty plea to a charge of felony probation violation and was sentenced to a year behind bars. At the sentencing hearing earlier this month, Judge Christine Mulleneaux expressed concern he is suffering from an undiagnosed mental condition, and on December 20, DMX was admitted to the Flamenco Mental Health Unit inside the Alahambra Prison complex, reports AllHipHop.com.
He has also been barred from having any visitors for 30 days while he is treated in the unit.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie