Michael Douglas to Receive Icon Award at Palm Springs Film Fest
Michael Douglas is set to receive a top honor at the upcoming Palm Springs International Film Festival in California. The ailing actor will receive the Icon Award at a tribute on January 13, 2011 as part of the festival's "Talking Pictures: The Contenders" series, which focuses on Oscar front-runners.
Festival organizers say the prize "honors a creative talent who, through the course of his career, has created a body of work which symbolizes the highest level of achievement in the motion picture art form." Douglas, who revealed earlier this year that he is being treated for throat cancer, is nominated for a Golden Globe for his role in this year's "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps".
Festival director Darryl MacDonald says, "We're thrilled to have the opportunity to honor Michael Douglas at a time when both his creative prowess and his contributions to world cinema have never been more evident - or more deserving of celebration. Simply put, he's an American treasure." The 22nd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival begins on January 6, 2011.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier