Comedy Inspired by Lindsay Lohan Is in the Works
The life of troubled actress Lindsay Lohan has inspired the plot of a new comedy movie starring Joan Collins and Lydia Hearst-Shaw. "Dogs in Pocketbooks" is based on the "Mean Girls" star's colorful past, which has seen her in and out of jail and rehab over the last few years.
Socialite-turned-actress Hearst will take on the lead role of a young star making her way in Hollywood, while Collins will play a high-powered agent in the picture, which begins filming in February 2011. Collins tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "The script is a hoot - a satire on the crazed hysteria surrounding showbiz celebrities. I'm playing an aggressive, sexy, powerful woman. For a change."
Screenwriter Charles Casillo adds, "Lydia will play a bratty movie goddess in and out of rehab, in trouble with the law, and hounded by greedy agents, predatory paparazzi, off-the-wall stalkers and crazed media - a role obviously based on Lindsay Lohan. I spent a lot of time casting for the right actress for this screwball comedy, but Lydia is perfect... We looked at a lot of actresses for this role, and I was really knocked out."
"(The movie) is in no way mean-spirited towards Lindsay. It's the kind of thing she has spoofed about herself in the past. It's more of a satire about the crazy people around her and the situations they generate. It satirises the obsession with modern celebrity."
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation