Ellen DeGeneres Donates One Million Food to Stray Pets
Animal lover Ellen DeGeneres has given America's stray pets a Christmas boost by teaming up with bosses at dog food firm Halo to deliver one million meals to unwanted pooches. The comedienne and TV personality launched a campaign to raise awareness about pet adoption with Halo bosses earlier this year and now she's making sure dogs awaiting homes get a good meal this Christmas.
She says, "At Halo we want to promote healthy living for pets and good food is a big part of that. So, we agreed to donate one million meals of Halo to shelter pets. I mean, imagine, an animal in a shelter, in a cage, lonely - a good meal is kinda all they have to look forward to, until you adopt them!"
In another news related to celebrity's charity work, Lady GaGa tops a list of most charitable celebrities of 2010. Her support for gay rights and her tireless efforts in the campaign for the repeal of the U.S. military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy placed her at number one.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video