Ellen DeGeneres Donates One Million Food to Stray Pets
Animal lover Ellen DeGeneres has given America's stray pets a Christmas boost by teaming up with bosses at dog food firm Halo to deliver one million meals to unwanted pooches. The comedienne and TV personality launched a campaign to raise awareness about pet adoption with Halo bosses earlier this year and now she's making sure dogs awaiting homes get a good meal this Christmas.
She says, "At Halo we want to promote healthy living for pets and good food is a big part of that. So, we agreed to donate one million meals of Halo to shelter pets. I mean, imagine, an animal in a shelter, in a cage, lonely - a good meal is kinda all they have to look forward to, until you adopt them!"
In another news related to celebrity's charity work, Lady GaGa tops a list of most charitable celebrities of 2010. Her support for gay rights and her tireless efforts in the campaign for the repeal of the U.S. military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy placed her at number one.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease