Ellen DeGeneres Donates One Million Food to Stray Pets
Animal lover Ellen DeGeneres has given America's stray pets a Christmas boost by teaming up with bosses at dog food firm Halo to deliver one million meals to unwanted pooches. The comedienne and TV personality launched a campaign to raise awareness about pet adoption with Halo bosses earlier this year and now she's making sure dogs awaiting homes get a good meal this Christmas.
She says, "At Halo we want to promote healthy living for pets and good food is a big part of that. So, we agreed to donate one million meals of Halo to shelter pets. I mean, imagine, an animal in a shelter, in a cage, lonely - a good meal is kinda all they have to look forward to, until you adopt them!"
In another news related to celebrity's charity work, Lady GaGa tops a list of most charitable celebrities of 2010. Her support for gay rights and her tireless efforts in the campaign for the repeal of the U.S. military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy placed her at number one.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?