Gwyneth Paltrow to Join Coldplay and Jay-Z's New Year Gig
Gwyneth Paltrow is set to ring in 2011 by joining her rocker husband Chris Martin and his band Coldplay onstage at their New Year's Eve concert with Jay-Z in Las Vegas, according to a U.S. report. The Hollywood actress hits the high notes in her new movie "Country Strong", in which she plays an alcoholic singer battling to get her career back on track, and she recently wowed fans with an all-singing, all-dancing stint on hit TV series "Glee".
She also performed live at the Country Music Association Awards last month. Now the New York Post reports Paltrow will be hitting the stage as part of her New Year celebrations - rocking out with Martin and Jay-Z, who is also said to be teaming up with his superstar wife Beyonce Knowles to make the show at Sin City's Cosmopolitan one to remember.
However, a representative for the new venue has warned ticketholders not to get their hopes up just yet - as neither Paltrow nor Beyonce are scheduled to take to the stage with their spouses. The spokesperson tells the New York Post's Page Six column, "Gwyneth and Beyonce are not confirmed for any kind of performance at this point."
The rapper and the British rockers signed a multi-million dollar deal to play on December 31 and are due to perform separately before teaming up for a joint set at the end of the Vegas spectacular. Paltrow is also hoping to hit the road with her "Country Strong" co-star Tim McGraw in 2011.
Update: Gwyneth Paltrow's publicist has shot down reports the actress will perform onstage with Coldplay and Jay-Z in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve. The rep says, "There's absolutely no truth (to the rumour)."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion