Rip Torn Escapes Jail in Bank Break-In Case
Actor Rip Torn has escaped jail for his drunken bank break-in in January this year after pleading guilty to a list of charges. The "Men in Black" star, 79, was found sprawled on the floor of the Litchfield Bancorp building in his hometown of Salisbury, Connecticut clutching a revolver. The actor was reportedly intoxicated and told cops he thought the building was his home.
He subsequently pleaded not guilty to a number of offenses and checked into a treatment facility in New York to face his personal problems. However, a judge decided Torn's prior alcohol issues disqualified him from registering for the probation program and set a trial date.
And on Tuesday, December 14 he pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment, criminal trespass, criminal mischief and the illegal carrying of a firearm. Torn was handed a two-and-a-half year suspended sentence and three years of probation. He is banned from owning a firearm and must surrender to officials for random drug and alcohol tests.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?