Rip Torn Escapes Jail in Bank Break-In Case
Actor Rip Torn has escaped jail for his drunken bank break-in in January this year after pleading guilty to a list of charges. The "Men in Black" star, 79, was found sprawled on the floor of the Litchfield Bancorp building in his hometown of Salisbury, Connecticut clutching a revolver. The actor was reportedly intoxicated and told cops he thought the building was his home.
He subsequently pleaded not guilty to a number of offenses and checked into a treatment facility in New York to face his personal problems. However, a judge decided Torn's prior alcohol issues disqualified him from registering for the probation program and set a trial date.
And on Tuesday, December 14 he pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment, criminal trespass, criminal mischief and the illegal carrying of a firearm. Torn was handed a two-and-a-half year suspended sentence and three years of probation. He is banned from owning a firearm and must surrender to officials for random drug and alcohol tests.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes