Rip Torn Escapes Jail in Bank Break-In Case
Actor Rip Torn has escaped jail for his drunken bank break-in in January this year after pleading guilty to a list of charges. The "Men in Black" star, 79, was found sprawled on the floor of the Litchfield Bancorp building in his hometown of Salisbury, Connecticut clutching a revolver. The actor was reportedly intoxicated and told cops he thought the building was his home.
He subsequently pleaded not guilty to a number of offenses and checked into a treatment facility in New York to face his personal problems. However, a judge decided Torn's prior alcohol issues disqualified him from registering for the probation program and set a trial date.
And on Tuesday, December 14 he pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment, criminal trespass, criminal mischief and the illegal carrying of a firearm. Torn was handed a two-and-a-half year suspended sentence and three years of probation. He is banned from owning a firearm and must surrender to officials for random drug and alcohol tests.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video