Rip Torn Escapes Jail in Bank Break-In Case
Actor Rip Torn has escaped jail for his drunken bank break-in in January this year after pleading guilty to a list of charges. The "Men in Black" star, 79, was found sprawled on the floor of the Litchfield Bancorp building in his hometown of Salisbury, Connecticut clutching a revolver. The actor was reportedly intoxicated and told cops he thought the building was his home.
He subsequently pleaded not guilty to a number of offenses and checked into a treatment facility in New York to face his personal problems. However, a judge decided Torn's prior alcohol issues disqualified him from registering for the probation program and set a trial date.
And on Tuesday, December 14 he pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment, criminal trespass, criminal mischief and the illegal carrying of a firearm. Torn was handed a two-and-a-half year suspended sentence and three years of probation. He is banned from owning a firearm and must surrender to officials for random drug and alcohol tests.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival