Gossip Frontwoman Prepares EP for Solo Debut
Gossip frontwoman Beth Ditto is set to kick off the New Year by making her debut as a solo artist. The "Standing in the Way of Control" hitmaker is reteaming with British dance music producers Simian Mobile Disco - formed by James Ford and Jas Shaw of the band Simian - for an as-yet-untitled EP set to hit shelves in January 2011.
The singer first worked with the pair on a song called "Cruel Intentions" for their 2009 album, "Temporary Pleasure". According to NME.com, Ditto's record will feature four new songs and will be released on 12-inch vinyl and as a download.
A specific release date had not yet been confirmed as WENN went to press.
Beside releasing the EP, Beth Ditto has also planned to have a baby in 2011. "I do want to go to the doctor in the next year and start taking it (pregnancy) really seriously," she said earlier this year.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed