Gossip Frontwoman Prepares EP for Solo Debut
Gossip frontwoman Beth Ditto is set to kick off the New Year by making her debut as a solo artist. The "Standing in the Way of Control" hitmaker is reteaming with British dance music producers Simian Mobile Disco - formed by James Ford and Jas Shaw of the band Simian - for an as-yet-untitled EP set to hit shelves in January 2011.
The singer first worked with the pair on a song called "Cruel Intentions" for their 2009 album, "Temporary Pleasure". According to NME.com, Ditto's record will feature four new songs and will be released on 12-inch vinyl and as a download.
A specific release date had not yet been confirmed as WENN went to press.
Beside releasing the EP, Beth Ditto has also planned to have a baby in 2011. "I do want to go to the doctor in the next year and start taking it (pregnancy) really seriously," she said earlier this year.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding