Gossip Frontwoman Prepares EP for Solo Debut
Gossip frontwoman Beth Ditto is set to kick off the New Year by making her debut as a solo artist. The "Standing in the Way of Control" hitmaker is reteaming with British dance music producers Simian Mobile Disco - formed by James Ford and Jas Shaw of the band Simian - for an as-yet-untitled EP set to hit shelves in January 2011.
The singer first worked with the pair on a song called "Cruel Intentions" for their 2009 album, "Temporary Pleasure". According to NME.com, Ditto's record will feature four new songs and will be released on 12-inch vinyl and as a download.
A specific release date had not yet been confirmed as WENN went to press.
Beside releasing the EP, Beth Ditto has also planned to have a baby in 2011. "I do want to go to the doctor in the next year and start taking it (pregnancy) really seriously," she said earlier this year.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones