Gossip Frontwoman Prepares EP for Solo Debut
Gossip frontwoman Beth Ditto is set to kick off the New Year by making her debut as a solo artist. The "Standing in the Way of Control" hitmaker is reteaming with British dance music producers Simian Mobile Disco - formed by James Ford and Jas Shaw of the band Simian - for an as-yet-untitled EP set to hit shelves in January 2011.
The singer first worked with the pair on a song called "Cruel Intentions" for their 2009 album, "Temporary Pleasure". According to NME.com, Ditto's record will feature four new songs and will be released on 12-inch vinyl and as a download.
A specific release date had not yet been confirmed as WENN went to press.
Beside releasing the EP, Beth Ditto has also planned to have a baby in 2011. "I do want to go to the doctor in the next year and start taking it (pregnancy) really seriously," she said earlier this year.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie