Gossip Frontwoman Prepares EP for Solo Debut
Gossip frontwoman Beth Ditto is set to kick off the New Year by making her debut as a solo artist. The "Standing in the Way of Control" hitmaker is reteaming with British dance music producers Simian Mobile Disco - formed by James Ford and Jas Shaw of the band Simian - for an as-yet-untitled EP set to hit shelves in January 2011.
The singer first worked with the pair on a song called "Cruel Intentions" for their 2009 album, "Temporary Pleasure". According to NME.com, Ditto's record will feature four new songs and will be released on 12-inch vinyl and as a download.
A specific release date had not yet been confirmed as WENN went to press.
Beside releasing the EP, Beth Ditto has also planned to have a baby in 2011. "I do want to go to the doctor in the next year and start taking it (pregnancy) really seriously," she said earlier this year.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal