Injured, Dick Van Dyke Cancels One-Man Show
Dick Van Dyke has been forced to cancel the entire run of his one-man show after injuring himself during a preview performance on Wednesday, December 8. The legendary actor thrilled fans by announcing he would embark on a month-long stint in "Step in Time: A Musical Memoir", which would see the "Mary Poppins" entertainer perform a collection of his most famous movie numbers.
The gigs were particularly special as the star would have turned 85 years old during the run next week, on December 16 to be exact. But the show got off to a bad start during a preview on Wednesday night when he aggravated an injury to his Achilles tendon.
And a representative for Van Dyke confirmed on Thursday, December 9 that he has now axed all the scheduled performances at Los Angeles' Geffen Playhouse. A statement reads, "I very much wish that circumstances allowed me to share my stories at the Geffen this winter. Unfortunately, this injury is forcing me to be off my feet for a while."
"Perhaps there will be an opportunity to revisit this sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I thank everyone for their understanding and support."
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'