Injured, Dick Van Dyke Cancels One-Man Show
Dick Van Dyke has been forced to cancel the entire run of his one-man show after injuring himself during a preview performance on Wednesday, December 8. The legendary actor thrilled fans by announcing he would embark on a month-long stint in "Step in Time: A Musical Memoir", which would see the "Mary Poppins" entertainer perform a collection of his most famous movie numbers.
The gigs were particularly special as the star would have turned 85 years old during the run next week, on December 16 to be exact. But the show got off to a bad start during a preview on Wednesday night when he aggravated an injury to his Achilles tendon.
And a representative for Van Dyke confirmed on Thursday, December 9 that he has now axed all the scheduled performances at Los Angeles' Geffen Playhouse. A statement reads, "I very much wish that circumstances allowed me to share my stories at the Geffen this winter. Unfortunately, this injury is forcing me to be off my feet for a while."
"Perhaps there will be an opportunity to revisit this sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I thank everyone for their understanding and support."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie