Injured, Dick Van Dyke Cancels One-Man Show
Dick Van Dyke has been forced to cancel the entire run of his one-man show after injuring himself during a preview performance on Wednesday, December 8. The legendary actor thrilled fans by announcing he would embark on a month-long stint in "Step in Time: A Musical Memoir", which would see the "Mary Poppins" entertainer perform a collection of his most famous movie numbers.
The gigs were particularly special as the star would have turned 85 years old during the run next week, on December 16 to be exact. But the show got off to a bad start during a preview on Wednesday night when he aggravated an injury to his Achilles tendon.
And a representative for Van Dyke confirmed on Thursday, December 9 that he has now axed all the scheduled performances at Los Angeles' Geffen Playhouse. A statement reads, "I very much wish that circumstances allowed me to share my stories at the Geffen this winter. Unfortunately, this injury is forcing me to be off my feet for a while."
"Perhaps there will be an opportunity to revisit this sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I thank everyone for their understanding and support."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story